Windows 10: Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...

Discus and support Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. Hopefully, this is a suited subreddit :) submitted by /u/Magnar0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Magnar0, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...

Title.

Hopefully, this is a suited subreddit Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding... :)

submitted by /u/Magnar0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Magnar0, Jul 13, 2020
  2. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

Thank you for the suggestion, but this poses two problems for my users:
    1. The icon is that of a batch file and not of Edge, which would require me to change the icon for each shortcut on each PC.
    2. This starts a command prompt window which pops up momentarily, which is confusing for a user.
    I'd like to (ideally) have shortcut that has the Edge icon and opens in Edge directly.

Thanks!

SomeoneNamedJoe, Jul 13, 2020
  4. mik3fee Win User

Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...

Windows 10 Creators Update v1703 Breaks Internet Shortcuts and opening local *.htm & *.html files !!!

After installing this Update I could no longer open Internet shortcut .url files or .htm or .html files!

I tried going to the "Choose default apps by file type" to specify Firefox as default app to open them, but they still didn't work!!!

Firefox was listed as the default app for both the .htm and .html file types. I changed them to Chrome browser and then they would open.

But if I change them back to Firefox they won't open!

For Internet Shortcuts the settings page says .url file types are opened with "Internet Browser" and it doesn't allow to change to Firefox or another browser specifically !!

Please help, this is a real big PAIN !!!

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

mik3fee, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding...

1. Is it possible to open "Internet Shortcut" files with not the default browser, by adding... - Similar Threads - possible open Internet

2. Adding a browser to Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a browser to Default Apps: I just reimaged my computer to Win 10 PRO. Before the reimage I had chosen the newer Ccleaner browser to the default apps but now when I try to switch from Edge to it, it no longer appears as an option., How do I get Ccleaner browser chosen as the default browser?...
  3. Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?: So, what I would like to do is for example click on the image with left mouse click and use a context menu for two things. One is searching the image on Google Image, so I can easily find similar images. Second is pretty much the same thing, but instead, search the filename...
  4. Default Internet browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Internet browser: How do I set Internet Explorer as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-internet-browser/f683955a-d0ae-477d-8d56-bf8f248b9d2a
  5. Internet Explorer as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  6. How to change default browser to shortcut

How to change default browser to shortcut: Hello, How do I change my default browser to a shortcut? Windows 10 does not let me browse through. I have an airmouse, and every time I press the Home button, if I'm focused on a page (in Firefox) it goes to the default landing page. I can create a shortcut with a command...
  7. Links don't open in default browser

Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  8. Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Adding Internet Explorer Shortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  9. Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal

Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal: I have used the usual route to changing a default icon in "Properties" for internet shortcut(s). However, changing one file icon strangely does not change all the rest. Is this a bug? Is there a workround? 15825
  10. Keyboard Shortcut to open browser

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard Shortcut to open browser: Hi all Was wondering if there is a shortcut to launch your default browser from your keyboard. Instead of having to use your mouse to click on it? Or if I can set one up? 75015