Windows 10: Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant?

Discus and support Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a limited daily data plan 1.5Gb/day. I am planning to update my laptop having Windows 10 Pro from 1803 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant?

Hi,

I have a limited daily data plan 1.5Gb/day. I am planning to update my laptop having Windows 10 Pro from 1803 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. The thing is I cannot download the update which is about 3.00Gb in size all at once. So, what I mean to ask is, can I download the update by pausing and resuming in a couple of days?

Please note that my laptop's battery is trashed and it cannot be kept powered on all the time and it needs to be shut down.

Summing up: Can I download the 1909 update using Windows 10 Update Assistant by shutting down and then turning on my laptop in a couple of days or more?

Thanks.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 27, 2020
  2. LBPaswan Win User

Pausing and resuming updates

Hi there! I was wondering if it is possible to start downloading an update, pause it and resume it on the next day. I am very low on data (1.5gb/day) which I cannot spend entirely on update. So does anyone know if it is possible to pause and resume updates?
    Thank you!

LBPaswan, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Pausing and resuming updates

Sorry, can't do that.

0dcafe6b-10a8-4bc9-b8b2-213ccfc2f28c, Mar 27, 2020
  4. JayTan08 Win User

Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant?

Pausing and resuming updates

Hi my name is Jay, I'm an independent advisor. I'd be happy to help with your inquiry.

I have linked some articles which will give you some options:

Manage updates in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402823...

How to Pause & Resume Windows 10 Updates

https://techviral.net/pause-resume-windows-10-u...

Windows 10 tip: When you should (and shouldn't) pause updates:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-wh...

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask questions. Thank you.

Regards,

Jay

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JayTan08, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant?

1. Is it possible to pause and resume and update using Windows 10 Update Assistant? - Similar Threads - possible pause resume

2. Can i resume windows 10 update assistant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i resume windows 10 update assistant?: basically i was updating my windows 10 because i cannot play valo or csgo in this version when it downloaded 75% my electricity went out so can i resume it where i left it?please kindly help me out with this i am so freaked out with this update assistant thingy....
  3. Can i resume windows 10 update assistant?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i resume windows 10 update assistant?: basically i was updating my windows 10 because i cannot play valo or csgo in this version when it downloaded 75% my electricity went out so can i resume it where i left it?please kindly help me out with this i am so freaked out with this update assistant thingy....
  4. Can i resume windows 10 update assistant?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming: When I pause updates then resume the updates that were in queue don't exist anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-disappearing-after-pausingresuming/6c29ddd8-ad9a-417f-9fac-678a6a1ccb77
  6. Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates disappearing after pausing/resuming: When I pause updates then resume the updates that were in queue don't exist anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-disappearing-after-pausingresuming/6c29ddd8-ad9a-417f-9fac-678a6a1ccb77
  7. How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature

How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature: How to Download Latest Windows 10 Update using Pause And Resume feature please help me . I have only 1 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-latest-windows-10-update-using/1e900a12-7624-4f8e-ac85-728de7e84a21
  8. Can I pause update in windows 10 update assistant?

Can I pause update in windows 10 update assistant?: Its not possible to update my pc with 1gb/day so I was wondering if I can pause the update start it from the same percent on the next day. Thank you!...
  9. Pausing and resuming updates

Pausing and resuming updates: Hi there! I was wondering if it is possible to start downloading an update, pause it and resume it on the next day. I am very low on data 1.5gb/day which I cannot spend entirely on update. So does anyone know if it is possible to pause and resume updates? Thank you!...
  10. Reverse Pause Updates/ Updates have been resumed??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reverse Pause Updates/ Updates have been resumed??: I accidentally clicked "un-pause" updates and now I see that checking updates has been resumed and I apparently can not reverse it until updates are checked again. I have active hours set to max so I am assuming that the system will not check for updates until I boot up again...