Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

Discus and support Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list. Don't see these options anymore. 8123 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danielson, Jul 11, 2015.

1. danielson Win User

Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list.
    Don't see these options anymore.

:)

danielson, Jul 11, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Is it possible to pin single Office apps (Word, Excel) icons to the Start Screen?

The only app that can do this is OneNote. For some odd reason, it was deemed important enough to have its own app outside of the Office hub.

Entegy, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Is it possible to pin single Office apps (Word, Excel) icons to the Start Screen?

Yup, you can pin almost any content to the Start screen.

Entegy, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

It's possible with WordPad so, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Word.

[​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 11, 2015
  5. danielson Win User
    Oh! Good to know!
    Usually do it via right-click.

danielson, Jul 11, 2015
  6. Slartybart Win User
    When the Word icon (or any other app) is on the taskabar , you should be able to drag and drop the document to the associated icon (Word in your case).

[​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? - Similar Threads - possible pin recent

Forum Date

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?: If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot. Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode? [img] 112447
Windows 10 Customization Today at 4:43 AM

Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?

Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder?: Is it possible to use Bitlocker on a single folder? The only option I can see it to lock the entire drive. 112392
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Yesterday at 1:14 AM

Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?: Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive. Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Saturday at 2:44 PM

Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible

Inline installations of Chrome extensions no longer possible: Google today confirmed that it is working on banning installations of Chrome extensions from third party websites. The software giant allowed users to install the Chrome extensions from third party websites for its Google Chrome web browser. But now the company plans to stop...
Windows 10 News Wednesday at 7:02 PM

Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround: I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc. Often, I'll want to list all of those...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Jun 11, 2018

BSOD possibly due to hardware issue

BSOD possibly due to hardware issue: So I have been getting bluescreens and I'm positive it's to do with my hardware. I've reinstalled windows multiple times for separate reasons and have tried two hard drives. The bluescreen often occurs if I leave my computer on over night as I will see the login screen after...
Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging Jun 8, 2018

Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?

Is it possible to remove both the need to enter a password AND pin?: Hello, My brother and I share the same computer with separate accounts. When we switch accounts, Windows asks us for our Pin or Password. Is it possible to remove this requirement completely? What I'd like to do is click on my name and my desktop just appears without the...
User Accounts and Family Safety Mar 30, 2016
Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? solved