Windows 10: Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

Discus and support Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list. Don't see these options anymore. 8123 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danielson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. danielson Win User

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list.
    Don't see these options anymore.

:)

danielson, Jul 10, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Is it possible to pin single Office apps (Word, Excel) icons to the Start Screen?

The only app that can do this is OneNote. For some odd reason, it was deemed important enough to have its own app outside of the Office hub.

Entegy, Jul 10, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Is it possible to pin single Office apps (Word, Excel) icons to the Start Screen?

Yup, you can pin almost any content to the Start screen.

Entegy, Jul 10, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

It's possible with WordPad so, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Word.

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 10, 2015
  5. danielson Win User
    Oh! Good to know!
    Usually do it via right-click.

danielson, Jul 10, 2015
  6. When the Word icon (or any other app) is on the taskabar , you should be able to drag and drop the document to the associated icon (Word in your case).

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? [​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar? - Similar Threads - possible pin recent

2. Pinning word docs to task bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning word docs to task bar.: Pinning word docs to task bar. Three days ago and ten years prior, I could pin à regularly used word doc to the word icon in my task bar. This was done by dragging and dropping the file from File Explorer to the Windows icon on task bar. Then if I right clicked the windows...
  3. Pinning word docs to task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning word docs to task bar.: Pinning word docs to task bar. Three days ago and ten years prior, I could pin à regularly used word doc to the word icon in my task bar. This was done by dragging and dropping the file from File Explorer to the Windows icon on task bar. Then if I right clicked the windows...
  4. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  5. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Icons on Taskbar: I have opened 6 word documents. They all appear on the taskbar. I would like to arrange them alphabetically from left to right to make it easier to work with them. When I try to move 1 - ONE - all icons move. I only want to move 1 - ONE - icon at a time. Help?...
  6. Word Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019: 1.New ThinkPad X1 Carbon with Windows 10 2.Installed Office 2010 - everything fine 3.Installed Office 2019 still all good 4.Uninstalled Word and Excel 2010 - no problems 5.After some weeks Office 2019 turned into Office 2016 and Word docs became generic plain icons but still...
  8. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  9. Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Recent docs keep coming back (Word, Excel icons on taskbar items): Apparently a registry tweak is needed to have Windows 10 remove unwanted list of docs (when right-clicking on Word/Excel icons on taskbar). Just haven't found the tweak yet and afaik, the guy at Microsoft forums who posted such as response is gone to timbuktoo.*sarc 136235
  10. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows can i pin a word doc to taskbar

2. word 365 pinned and recents on task bar

3. pin recent word files to taskbar icon