Windows 10: Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?

Discus and support Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I mean with the Wallpaper engine, can you play a video in the background, but is it also possible in the lockscreen? Ist es möglich im Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oweiameineeia, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?

I mean with the Wallpaper engine, can you play a video in the background, but is it also possible in the lockscreen?

:)

Oweiameineeia, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    videos not playing

Hi Tracy,

There’s a possibility that there are changes in the video configuration of your device after the last Windows update.
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you trying to play the video files using a browser or an app?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using a browser, you may try to access the video files on a different web browser. Otherwise,
    you may also check the response of Amarjeet1709 on this

thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run the Video playback troubleshooter and update the display adapters on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?

Cannot play video's

Hi,

We would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to play streaming videos?
    • Were there any error messages?
    • Would it be possible to send us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?

1. Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen? - Similar Threads - possible play video

2. PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10: VIDEOS 720P OR ANYONE CAN'T NO CLEAR DISPLAY.IT'S DRAGGING UP AND DOWN.IT'S SOUND OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-in-windows-10/774a3787-84ca-4ef7-95f2-32ec83d9c1d4
  3. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee
  4. playing videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing videos with windows 10: Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use...
  5. is it possible to play a custom video on windows startup and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it possible to play a custom video on windows startup and shutdown?: Pretty much what the title says..... thanks 60063
  6. Power Saving possible with Lockscreen Slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Saving possible with Lockscreen Slideshow?: Hi all, I quite like the new lockscreen slideshow but is there a reason why power saving options like sleep don't work with the lockscreen slideshow and is it possible to make it work? Thanks. 62345
  7. Videos does not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos does not play in windows 10: Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop. but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i shut down my pc i will have to restart my pc to play videos ,it is so annoying . any suggesions. 90959
  8. Video not playing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not playing in windows 10: I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work However, if I open one...
  9. Video playing on Lock screen - possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playing on Lock screen - possible?: Anyone know if its possible to have the Lock screen play a video....? Many thanks 40035
  10. videos will not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    videos will not play in windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube. When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes. I was...