Windows 10: Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity?

Discus and support Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to edit a song and replace some parts with the instrumental version. Since I found a good instrumental version that sounds better than removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonym12073, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity?

I want to edit a song and replace some parts with the instrumental version. Since I found a good instrumental version that sounds better than removing the vocals I want to use it, but it's very annoying that I always have to move the track by hand when I delete a part. Is there a way to make it so that when I delete a part of the instrumental version the track doesn't move and the instrumental version stays in sync with the actual song?

:)

Anonym12073, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 13, 2020
  3. badcrc Win User
    I need help with Audacity seeing the right audio input

Try settings > system > sound and look for Sound Control Panel. This should open the old-style sound gizmo. Click recording and look for any mic stuff to enable/disable. You may have to R-click 'show disabled devices'.

Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity? [​IMG]

There's also the complication of matching input and output impedances + signal level. Even if your suggested rig works, the phone output level might be too high for the sensitive mic input.

Have you selected the correct Audacity audio host - MME, DirectSound, Wasapi etc and device ?

Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity? [​IMG]

badcrc, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity?

Audio Editors Guild

Consider this the audio-version of the photoshop clubhouse - this is where all of us interested in audio editing - whether professional, semi-professional or simply hobbyists - can come together to discuss technique, settings, ask for suggestions and help, or otherwise . . . possibly even take on some user requests here and there.

It doesn't matter whether you use hardware or software for your audio editing, just state what you use to work your voodoo and join up!

I'll probably make up a sig for this clubhouse when I get some other small projects wrapped up . . . unless someone else wants to jump on the ball with that.

Member list:

imperialreign - {SONY Sound Forge 9e; Creative Wave Studio 7.10; Audacity 1.2}

imperialreign, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity?

1. Is it possible to prevent the audio points from moving when trimming in Audacity? - Similar Threads - possible prevent audio

2. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  3. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  4. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  5. Audacity . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audacity . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After installation? I looked in, x86 program files? I've looked, everywhere.? I even looked. In the Control Panel. To see, if it was listed....
  6. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  7. Prevent starting program from moving to foreground

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent starting program from moving to foreground: Hey there, is there a way to prevent an opening program from moving to the foreground and to keep it staying in the background until I choose to work with it? For example, usually after boot up I open Chrome and Steam. Obviously, Steam is gonna take a little longer to open...
  8. Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues when trimming a video in Photos?: I trimmed a video using Photos but the output video has choppy sound. I can find no options relating to sound under settings or in the video trim/creation process. Is there a workaround or do I need a different app?...
  9. Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?: Hello We have 700+ Users , we would like to remove onedrive \ Prevent it from running from all of them due to information security reasons. Thank you Sharon Perets...
  10. Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audacity Error Initializing Audio when I have USB audio interface on: A week ago I wasusing Audacity without any problems. Then midweek (Wed/Thursday) 11/11 or 11/12I launched Audacity and received the message "Error Initializing Audio.Could not find any audio devices. You will not be able to play or record audio.Error: Internal PortAudio...