Windows 10: is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS?

Discus and support is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop Acer Aspire Series which is old laptop but one problem is i can't do it immediately until i got the answer my HDD From old laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iblurry, Nov 21, 2020.

1. iblurry Win User

is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS?

I have a laptop Acer Aspire Series which is old laptop but one problem is i can't do it immediately until i got the answer

my HDD From old laptop is capable with

my new laptop Fujitsu so i need answer if i can use the old Hard disk

Will it damages my new laptop?

will it runs when i turn my Laptop on?

My laptop Fujitsu has no OS inside because i formatted my USB into GPT. so i decided to detach my old laptop and take my Hard disk from it

:)

iblurry, Nov 21, 2020
  2. johnhawke Win User

After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out.

About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a year, my computer became unresponsive during normal use. After a forced hard reset, I was taken to a black screen with the 0xc00000e error, telling me that a required device was inaccessible. After a quick Google search, I found many answers saying that this problem was because of a corrupted boot record.

I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft. First, I attempted automated startup recovery. This didn't work. Then I attempted to use bootrec to fix the problem. This resulted in the tool telling me that no Windows installations were detected.

I decided then to open diskpart. The disk itself was detected, but whenever I listed volumes, nothing showed up for that disk. No partitions or volumes were listed.

I've since recovered the drive by flashing a Clonezilla image that I had as a backup, so everything is up and running now. However, I am curious as to why this problem keeps happening. I've downloaded the diagnostic tools from Plextor for my disk, and it says that everything is fine. I've also run a Windows memory diagnostic, which has returned no errors.

My assumption is that the hard reset is causing some kind of partition table corruption. But, that still leaves the issue of why the computer is freezing up to begin with unsolved. Any suggestions/possible causes to investigate would be much appreciated!

johnhawke, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS?

Hard disk won't stay alive

Hi,

Conflicts with the power options is one of the possible reasons why your hard disk shuts down every five minutes. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Is this an internal hard disk or an external hard disk?

Meanwhile, you can try to use the Power troubleshooter to resolve the issue. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with the Power options. You can follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control
      panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

We are looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS? - Similar Threads - possible put Hard

2. I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk still has old os...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk still has old os...: I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk remains as it is. It can be used normally but it still has the files from the old windows. I tried opening the user folders but they don't open even after i give permission as admin. I tried changing...
  3. I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk still has old os...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk still has old os...: I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk remains as it is. It can be used normally but it still has the files from the old windows. I tried opening the user folders but they don't open even after i give permission as admin. I tried changing...
  4. I recently changed my hdd to ssd and installed the OS in it. The hard disk still has old os...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  6. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  7. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd: NOW I AM USING WIN10PRO WHICH IS INSTALLED IN MY NORMAL HARD DISK. AS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING SLOW I WISH TO CHANGE MY HARD DISK TO SSD. SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANFER MY ORIGINAL WIN10PRO TO THE SSD. IF YES HOW...
  9. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk...
  10. Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk: Windows has partially installed on secondary hard disk and I would appreciate confirmation and any assistance in migrating them all the the main C drive. If I remove the secondary hard drive I am left with no boot options from my bios. I attached screenshots of disk...