Windows 10: Is it possible to re-enable screensavers

Discus and support Is it possible to re-enable screensavers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a monitor that is, based on the sticker, works with Windows Vista. As such, I'm afraid that, with the loss of the screensavers on the recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KDC705, Jun 7, 2019.

1. KDC705 Win User

Is it possible to re-enable screensavers

I'm using a monitor that is, based on the sticker, works with Windows Vista. As such, I'm afraid that, with the loss of the screensavers on the recent Windows 10 update, an image may burn into the screen if staying there for a long period of time. I can set Windows up to turn the monitor off at any given amount of time, but I did like the screensavers. As such, I was wondering if it's possible, without downgrading to an earlier version of windows 10, to re-enable Screensavers for the current version, or are the Screensavers fully removed and I would have to find a 3rd party replacement to bring them back?

:)

KDC705, Jun 7, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Is it possible to re-enable screensavers :)

terrace, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Screensaver Issues After the Latest Update

Hello,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why you cannot exit your screensaver when you press the space bar. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to exit the screensaver?
    • Have you tried updating your graphic's card driver?

In the meantime, we suggest setting your screensaver to use images from the Photo app
    instead of the Windows Live Photo Gallery and see if the issue still persist. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and type Settings
      on the search box. Click on the first option.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to re-enable screensavers - Similar Threads - possible enable screensavers

2. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  3. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE and Screensaver Enabled: Q: Is the functionality of a Microsoft Security Essentials full virus scan affected if a screensaver is enabled during the process?A:Q: Within MSE, is there an option to view virus scan specs or does it involve accessing a folder?A:Thank You....
  4. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSE and Screensaver Enabled: Q: Is the functionality of a Microsoft Security Essentials full virus scan affected if a screensaver is enabled during the process?A:Q: Within MSE, is there an option to view virus scan specs or does it involve accessing a folder?A:Thank You....
  5. MSE and Screensaver Enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Re-Enable F11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-Enable F11: Lynn-MSFT is misinformed about the ability to either enable or disable the F11 fullscreen key. Mine is somehow disabled and I want it to work again. I DO NOT have an Fn key, so any remedy suggesting its use is ignorant, at best. Running a system file scan would not fix or...
  7. Is it possible to make a screensaver a wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make a screensaver a wallpaper?: I want to make a screensaver a wallpaper, but it doesnt work. I have done [screensaver].scr /p65552 in CMD, but it doesnt work with screensavers that arent provided with windows 10, ive tried looking for tutorials on youtube / google but i dont find anything that works....
  8. is it possible to re enable the option to choose microphone or earphones on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it possible to re enable the option to choose microphone or earphones on Windows 10?: I accidentally pushed "dont show again" and now i cant get the option to choose microphone or earphones. If there is a way to re enable it without factory reseting my pc, that would be amazing to know....
  9. Re-enable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....
  10. enable screensaver compatibility mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enable screensaver compatibility mode?: i have a few screensavers that have the blurred program problem where windows 10 scaling means it looks blurry, normally i can right click the icon and go to compatibility mode settings and change the DPI options to use the program's scaling but it doesn't appear, preventing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. possible screen savers