Windows 10: Is it possible to re-enable screensavers

Discus and support Is it possible to re-enable screensavers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a monitor that is, based on the sticker, works with Windows Vista. As such, I'm afraid that, with the loss of the screensavers on the recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KDC705, Jun 7, 2019.

1. KDC705 Win User

Is it possible to re-enable screensavers

I'm using a monitor that is, based on the sticker, works with Windows Vista. As such, I'm afraid that, with the loss of the screensavers on the recent Windows 10 update, an image may burn into the screen if staying there for a long period of time. I can set Windows up to turn the monitor off at any given amount of time, but I did like the screensavers. As such, I was wondering if it's possible, without downgrading to an earlier version of windows 10, to re-enable Screensavers for the current version, or are the Screensavers fully removed and I would have to find a 3rd party replacement to bring them back?

:)

KDC705, Jun 7, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Is it possible to re-enable screensavers :)

terrace, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Screensaver Issues After the Latest Update

Hello,

Outdated drivers can be a possible reason why you cannot exit your screensaver when you press the space bar. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Do you receive any error messages when you are trying to exit the screensaver?
    • Have you tried updating your graphic's card driver?

In the meantime, we suggest setting your screensaver to use images from the Photo app
    instead of the Windows Live Photo Gallery and see if the issue still persist. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and type Settings
      on the search box. Click on the first option.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to re-enable screensavers - Similar Threads - possible enable screensavers

2. How to re enable my monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    How to re enable my monitor: Help, I think I’ve ruined hubbys pc! I was trying to connect a second monitor on windows 10. Tried to update display on device manager. Didn’t work. On a forum someone suggested rather than update to disable then re enable but once I pressed disabled the screen went black and...
  3. Can't re-enable Win Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't re-enable Win Defender: I disabled Win Defender in order to troubleshoot Thunderbird. I can't re-enable, because the option is now greyed-out - see screenshot. Please advise me how to re-enable Win Def. Thanks. 132209
  4. Re-enabling audiojack popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-enabling audiojack popup: I disabled the popup that asks you what you just plugged in to your headphone jack a long time ago, because at the time I was using regular headphones and the window popping up whenever it got jostled was a problem. But I'm not anymore, and I want to connect something as a...
  5. Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing: This is driving me crazy. I use Google exclusively. I had Firefox set up to use Google. I deleted every other search engine within Firefox. Now, in the past couple of days, every time I start Firefox, it defaults to Bing. It adds Bing and Amazon back to the list of search...
  6. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?: My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites. I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any...
  7. Re-enable Restore Previous Version?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Re-enable Restore Previous Version?: In windows 10 Home, is it possible to reenable the "Restore Previous Version" function that came with Windows 7, or is there any software that I can but that does the same thing? This would be in addition to my regular backup routine, rather than instead of it. 85004
  8. Ethernet not working - need to re-enable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not working - need to re-enable: Hey, Earlier this week there was an update for windows 10, I'm not sure what the update was but it took about an hour to install so was fairly big (although I see no real changes). Anyway, since then the ethernet adapter no longer works when the computer starts up. It just...
  9. re-enable windows key

in Windows 10 Support
    re-enable windows key: Hello, I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot figure out how I did it before. 37764
  10. Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?: Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode: Sleep mode and hibernation can be combined: the contents of RAM are first copied to non-volatile storage like for regular hibernation, but then, instead of...