Windows 10: Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

Discus and support Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MaestroLM, Aug 15, 2015.

1. MaestroLM Win User

Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites.

I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any sort of favorites management. Anyone? Help?!

:)

MaestroLM, Aug 15, 2015

2. is it possible to play all music in album order? wp8.1

Okay, that does it. It's a shame, really... Maybe third party app? But this is not a question for MC anymore Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE? :) Thank you TomBrad95

JacekLipiec, Aug 15, 2015
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    is it possible to play all music in album order? wp8.1

There is one way of doing this but has more steps then wanted, if you play the guitar album you then go onto the next album then press the three dots and add it to the now playing, as long as it isn't shuffled.

TomBrad95, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Dch48 Win User

Not yet and it's one of the reasons why I'm still using IE.

Dch48, Aug 15, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Edge IMO is still a bit in "Development" phase -- in fact IMO it's not really even Alpha software yet. Perhaps they just wanted to get it out of the door before people switched in droves to Chrome or other browsers. Personally as one who HATES tabbed browsing I prefer the GUI, Navigation and menu arrangement of IE11 over anything else in spite of IE11's weaknesses.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Open up the favourites menu so you get a list of them at the right hand side

Then drag and drop into the order you want them

Works fine but can be time consuming if you have lots to re order

paulsalter, Aug 15, 2015
  7. neomatter Win User
    Yeah, it is time consuming if you have a ton of favourites to reorder. The drag and drop organization can even be done in the favourites bar as well without opening the favourites menu. However, you can't drag a site to the favourite bar to add it. You need to press the star and select Favourites bar. Hopefully they'll fix that.

neomatter, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

Until Edge has more robust bookmark management or add-ins/extensions, I've been using an alternative bookmark site (Pearltrees) to manage favorites and provide a home page to launch the favorites. It doesn't integrate directly with Edge favorites, but you can import favorites into Pearltrees from browsers.

garyowhere, Aug 15, 2015
  9. MaestroLM Win User
    Thanks Paul (and everyone) but the first thing I attempted before posting WAS to open up the sidebar, grab and move the favorites I'd imported. But: they won't grab and they won't move. I can certainly grab and move my favorites in the favorites bar, but not in the side bar. I can't transfer them from the bar to sidebar; the only option I apparently have is to delete my favorites and then manually re-enter them in my preferred order - and with (literally) hundreds of favorites, I'm not going to waste time on that. I agree: Edge seems to be in less-than-beta testing status and perhaps if/when it's been de-bugged, I'll consider it again in the future, but at this point - and merely by dint of its lack of proper favorites management, it's not really going to be as useful to me as Chrome.

MaestroLM, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Dch48 Win User
    It seems to automatically arrange them alphabetically (maybe not). I imported my list from IE and in IE , the folders are at the top. Edge put them at the bottom.

Dch48, Aug 15, 2015
  11. PLCMAN58 Win User
    I want the Favorites sort to work the same way that it does in IE11 and have reverted back to IE11 or Firefox because of this.

PLCMAN58, Aug 21, 2015
  12. Dch48 Win User
    You can drag and drop things, but only one at a time. I got my folders at the top but it was a tedious chore. The same options as IE would be much better.

Dch48, Aug 21, 2015
  13. PLCMAN58 Win User

I will continue to use IE or Firefox until they fix this issue.

PLCMAN58, Aug 22, 2015
  14. egray Win User
    This feature doesn't currently exist, but the folks in the Windows Insider program have been testing a version of Edge that does support sorting. This feature is expected to appear in July with the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.

Meanwhile, you can use a 3rd-party application called EdgeManage to sort your favorites (no waiting!)

Manage Edge Favorites

egray, May 18, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    @egray Interesting.. I so far have not seen any feature in the insider build of Edge that allows sorting. Which build is this supported in??

BunnyJ, May 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE? - Similar Threads - possible order favorites

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yungsemite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eufurq/is_it_possible_to_reorder_these_files_in/
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. favorites bar order

in Browsers and Email
    favorites bar order: I would like to add pages to my favorite bar over time, and have them be at the top of the order so they are visible. I don't want to have to go to the star drop down and find them. is that possible? thanks 21096
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is it possible to move favorittes in Edge

2. how to re-order favorites in edge