Windows 10: Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

Discus and support Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yungsemite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eufurq/is_it_possible_to_reorder_these_files_in/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yungsemite, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

/u/yungsemite, Jan 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer - Navigation Pane Sorting

I arrange folders by project number. By default, the navigation pane is arranging them in an ascending order. I may be going crazy but it seems that in previous versions I was able to sort in descending order. This configuration saves a lot of time because
    the most recent project numbers are on top. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sorting order in the navigation pane? I've done a lot of searching on the internet and have come up with nothing. If it's required, I'm comfortable making registry
    changes.

Thank you!

ZachBroyles, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

Hey there,

I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the left hand side).
    Currently, the "Quick Access" list is on top, followed by "OneDrive" and "This PC" is the last one.
    I'd like to have "This PC" on top, then "OneDrive" and then "Quick Access".

Also, I'd like to know, if it is possible to change the order of items in the "This PC"-category. I tried with the Winareo Tweaker, but it looks like there is no option for this customization. :-/

Thanks for any reply in advance!

AnonTenUser, Jan 26, 2020
  4. JojoYoder Win User

Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

file explorer taking forever to load files in order in windows 10

Bronis,

I had the same issue and found this solution on another website:

"After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality
    to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't."

Step by step guide:

1. Hold Win+r to open run

2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter

3. Click Services

4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)

5. Uncheck tickbox

6. Click apply then ok

7. Select to restart now

JojoYoder, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file...

1. Is it possible to re-order these files in descending order in the navigation pane in file... - Similar Threads - possible order files

2. How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?: As you can see, MEGA and One Drive are on the top with Home Folder, but Dropbox an Gdrive are on the bottom, I want them all to be in one place, top or bottom, or... I know Windows doesn't have that freature, but maybe from Registry? "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID"...
  3. How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the order of items in the navigation pane?: As you can see, MEGA and One Drive are on the top with Home Folder, but Dropbox an Gdrive are on the bottom, I want them all to be in one place, top or bottom, or... I know Windows doesn't have that freature, but maybe from Registry? "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID"...
  4. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?: I am Win 1064 21H2 fully updated.I regularly use File Explorer to rename files especially ones that come through with default generic names and ones emailed to me with meaningless names such as XXXvvvvv.mnp4 Unfortunately Delete appears immediately above Rename and sometimes...
  5. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?: I am Win 1064 21H2 fully updated.I regularly use File Explorer to rename files especially ones that come through with default generic names and ones emailed to me with meaningless names such as XXXvvvvv.mnp4 Unfortunately Delete appears immediately above Rename and sometimes...
  6. Is it possible to rearrange order of lists in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.: Is there a way i can sort these network folders? so they're grouped? Instead of all over? https://i.imgur.com/qQrgusR.png (not by changing name ;)) submitted by /u/x3nius [link] [comments]...
  8. Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order: I would like to set the default for date modified to be in descending date order highest to lowest date in all folder and sub-folders It would be appreciated if someone could assist me 150407
  9. Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer navigation pane order: Hey there, I'm trying to find out, if there is any way to rearrange the order of items in the Windows 10 explorer's navigation pane (the one on the left hand side). Currently, the "Quick Access" list is on top, followed by "OneDrive" and "This PC" is the last one. I'd like...
  10. Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?: My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites. I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 navigation pane re-order