Windows 10: is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

Discus and support is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Good Day, Q.1 if i use Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, and one of the 4 drives fails the others will still be readable/accessible ? Q.2 in Raid 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mohammednt0, Jun 13, 2020.

1. is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

Good Day,

Q.1 if i use Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, and one of the 4 drives fails the others will still be readable/accessible ?

Q.2 in Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD mode, when one of the drives fails can i replace it without broken the JBOD mode ?

Q.3 Can i simply remove the faulty drive and do data recovery on it?

regards,

:)

mohammednt0, Jun 13, 2020
  2. fdegrove Win User

Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware)

Hi,

Isn't it so that JBOD allows for spanning of disks/volumes whereas Individual Disks would not ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jun 13, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware)

Hi there

Was wondering if RAID 0 (hardware) was faster than JBOD (just a Bunch of Disks). - Some of these 2 / 4 bay HDD devices have hardware RAID / JBOD / Individual HDD settings.

Note RAID 0 (speed) --not interested in RAID 1 / 10 which these boxes do --I've enough backup if an HDD in the array goes bonkers !!!.

Anybody got any thoughts on this -- I think the JBOD idea is a bit like Ms Storage spaces - which in theory should be OK as you can use different size HDD's but I read that people lose data with it etc -- also the HDD bays do this with their own hardware and can connect to computer either via SATA or USB3 - SATA is the best of course but a decent USB 3 (or better USB3.1) still would give decent transfer speed.

Most of these boxes have a switch to set to RAID0 / RAID 1 / RAID 10 (sometimes) JBOD or None - all done with a hardware card in the device.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  4. is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

Windows 10 Raid 0

Before my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Installation, I went into my Motherboard's BIOS and set my two 2TB hard drives in Raid 0 formation. After my Windows 10 Installation, "this computer" sees my "C" drive as only 2TB. Windows 10 should recognize my Raid 0 "C"
    drive capacity as 4TB. Why is windows 10 listing my "C" drive as 2TB? Windows 10 should have spanned the Installation across my two hard drives in RAID 0 formation. Did Windows 10 install only onto one hard drive? How can I correct this Windows Installation
    to span across my two Seagate SSHD hard drives in RAID 0 formation?

Dune 10191, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD

1. is it possible to recover data from Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD - Similar Threads - possible recover data

2. Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to recover uninstalled "hidden device" data?: Hello,My touchpad stopped working and it was visible in "hidden devices". While trying to fix it I uninstalled it, hoping it will reapear as "normal" device. Well, it clearly didn't and by not thinking too much I also got rid of some usefull information that were visible in...
  3. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  4. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  5. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Moving from raid 0 to non raid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from raid 0 to non raid: I want to move away from my nvme raid 0 to a non raid nvme without reinstalling. Aomei backupper doesn't work, bsod. Any other solutions? submitted by /u/collins_amber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l63z0n/moving_from_raid_0_to_non_raid/
  7. Is it possible to recover my data from HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to recover my data from HDD: Hello all I wanted to change my windows 10 and I wanted to convert it to MBR from GPT but unfortunately in the command prompt I cleaned the whole disk Is it possible to recover the data from other partitions it's 1TB HDD Please help me submitted by /u/hard2resist [link]...
  8. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  9. Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1): I recently had a 3TB hard drive fail on me, and I am trying to come up with a much better solution for storing my data so that I don't have to recover everything from CrashPlan again. My plan is to have two 3TB Hard drives connected in RAID 0 (Simple Space) so that I have 6TB...
  10. Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Raid 0 Vs JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) (Hardware): Hi there Was wondering if RAID 0 (hardware) was faster than JBOD (just a Bunch of Disks). - Some of these 2 / 4 bay HDD devices have hardware RAID / JBOD / Individual HDD settings. Note RAID 0 (speed) --not interested in RAID 1 / 10 which these boxes do --I've enough...