Windows 10: Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how?

Discus and support Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Someone posing as an expert recommended recuva program in another post w/ the same question. That downloaded a Trojan virus that was caught and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by T-mothe, Oct 2, 2019.

1. T-mothe Win User

Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how?

Someone posing as an expert recommended recuva program in another post w/ the same question. That downloaded a Trojan virus that was caught and removed by antivirus program. Do NOT use Recuva!

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfuse.EV!ams
    SEVERE|Detected with Windows Defender Antivirus
    Aliases: No associated aliases

:)

T-mothe, Oct 2, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 2, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how?

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to recover documents (that were in folders) after disk cleanup? If so, how? - Similar Threads - possible recover documents

2. DISK CLEANUP WIPED out my entire "DOCUMENTS" FOLDER

in Windows 10 Support
    DISK CLEANUP WIPED out my entire "DOCUMENTS" FOLDER: I had no idea 'DISK CLEANUP" on my ROOT DISK would totally wipe my "DOCUMENTS" Folder and some extremely important files, all it left was a 'desktop'ini'. It did not touch my DOWNLOADS folder. Does anyone know why it would do this? Can I not trust it any more? AND why would...
  3. How to recover deleted documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  4. Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?: Dear Folks, I would like to have some official tool, for the cleanup of the Microsoft Store local folder, located under Program Files\WindowsApps. Currently I want to update to the newest windows 10, but because this folder is so huge, and stores apps, what I deleted...
  5. Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files at Download due to Disk Cleanup: Dear all, Is that any possible way to recover the document that located on the download folder. I clean it during the disk cleanup. It was suck when I update to the latest version of the windows. Why put the "download" folder into the disk cleanup I have try baseus,...
  6. Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering Folder/Files from a Disk Cleanup: I ran the disk clean up last night. I must have deleted a VERY IMPORTANT folder. There's no file restore or system restore points either for some reason. I'm freaking out. I REALLY REALLY need that folder and the contents inside back. I've tried EaseUS Data Recovery and...
  7. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  8. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  9. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195
  10. Is it possible to recover deleted encrypted documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to recover deleted encrypted documents?: I asked a thread not long ago about how to delete files on my computer completely. Basically these files i encrypted it with axcrypt and i was told if its encrypted and you delete it and then delete it off recycle bin, the files are pretty much deleted. And if someone were to...