Windows 10: Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on?

Discus and support Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Autosave is not on for my publisher 2010 or 2016 but I forgot to save the file. Found file in .PB26 format which publisher isn't locating in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gamefreaknet, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on?

Autosave is not on for my publisher 2010 or 2016 but I forgot to save the file. Found file in .PB26 format which publisher isn't locating in the same location. How do I get it back? See images of my attempts. Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on? 86af39bf-e571-40a5-bea2-d218c05c6716?upload=true.png Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on? 51ef3b47-5899-4ac6-9d1b-30a2d8ecf499?upload=true.png

:)

Gamefreaknet, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Rohn007 Win User

how to recover an unsaved file

If you didn't save it there is nothing to recover.

Tell us what program you were using. That really helps.

If you are using a program like word that creates "temp" autosave files, they are automatically deleted when you close the program normally. Since you have not saved the file, there is no specific file name to try to undelete. You could try using an undelete
    program to recover all of the temp files, then try to weed through them to find the right one.

I don't know what OneDrive would do with unsaved, unnamed files.

If you wish, I can give you the names of some undelete tools that you can try. But it is likely to be a fruitless effort.

Rohn007, Mar 12, 2020
  3. WADENYE Win User
    how to recover an unsaved file

How do I recover an unsaved file. This is the fifth time I've asked this question. Is there actually anyone doing this?

WADENYE, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on?

Windows performance issue, freezing and trying to recover unsaved files.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

We understand how difficult it could be when devices do not work the way they supposed to and we truly appreciate the patience that you waited for couple of days and trying to get the Windows to work. However, could you please let us know, are you
    referring to Microsoft office files when you say “important unsaved files”.

In this case, we would suggest you to restart the system and check if Windows is working fine. If you are referring to Microsoft office files for recovering, office applications has an in-built feature of AutoSaving the documents in the event of office
    applications closes unexpectedly. When AutoSave is not on and an Office app closes unexpectedly before you save your most recent changes, Document Recovery automatically opens the next time you open the Office app to help you get your file back.

You may also want to refer
    Recover your Office files
    for more details. Please feel free to contact us again, if you are still facing the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on?

1. Is it possible to recover unsaved publisher files with autosave not on? - Similar Threads - possible recover unsaved

2. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  3. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  4. Recover unsaved snips

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover unsaved snips: Edition Windows 10 Home in S mode Version 22H2 Hello:I might have walked away for a while, when my notebook did an update I didn't expect while I had a number of unsaved snips in the app. I do it all the time. I save a series of snips when I'm done with SAVE AS, one after...
  5. Recover unsaved snips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover unsaved snips: Edition Windows 10 Home in S mode Version 22H2 Hello:I might have walked away for a while, when my notebook did an update I didn't expect while I had a number of unsaved snips in the app. I do it all the time. I save a series of snips when I'm done with SAVE AS, one after...
  6. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  7. how recover unsaved file in notepad

how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  8. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...
  10. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. possible to recover document with autosave off

2. nu vot