Windows 10: Is it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for...

Discus and support Is it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to recover my system to 7/1/20 but there was no recovery for that date so I was wondering if it actually is possible to get a recovery.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cerberus-, Jul 4, 2020.

1. cerberus- Win User

Is it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for...

I was trying to recover my system to 7/1/20 but there was no recovery for that date so I was wondering if it actually is possible to get a recovery.

:)

cerberus-, Jul 4, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CIs it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for... :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CIs it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for... :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jul 4, 2020
  3. lost system restore point

about 2 months ago i created a system restore point and gave it a name, now i am looking to do a restore but that one is not listed in the restore points. can i recover it from somewhere?

why has it not been saved?

rampanthorse, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Ralf_G Win User

Is it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for...

lost system restore point

Two things that could pertain to this. First, older System Restore points do roll off the end of the list when the drive space allocated to system restore has been used up and new restore points are being created.

The second point is that system restore points are sometimes deleted when significant operating system updates include changes that are incompatible with files stored in those old restore point(s).

I'm presuming that you did tick the box in System Restore that says "show more restore points".

Ralf_G, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to recover your system to anytime even if there isn't a restore point for... - Similar Threads - possible recover system

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. System restore restore point

8. How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?

How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?: Hi there!Windows has a lot of advanced recovery tools, which help to recover your OS after some crash or unexpected behavior.A system restore point is one of those. It helps you recover your system to the date you recorded the point.You can create these points when...
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. Is it possible to backup Restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to backup Restore points?: Hi. Is it possible to backup Restore points? as i have a program that deletes them, so i would like to backup them before installation, and restore them afterwards. Thanks in advance. 57974