Windows 10: Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus?

Discus and support Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example, if I search for mouse, even in another language (that's installed on this pc) it will give me the Windows 10 mouse options. There's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WalterWoshid, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus?

For example, if I search for mouse, even in another language (that's installed on this pc) it will give me the Windows 10 mouse options. There's a button in almost every windows 10 options menu and it links to the old control panel and their settings. Is it possible to redirect those awesome search results directly towards the old control panel menus?

submitted by /u/WalterWoshid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WalterWoshid, Apr 3, 2020

2. Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus?

1. Is it possible to redirect specific search settings to the old menus? - Similar Threads - possible redirect specific

2. Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?: I have both personal and business user accounts on my windows 11 computer. The personal account, I'd like to be on GMT, while the business account needs to be on Eastern Time. Each time I've tried to change the system clock for one user, it would also change the clock for the...
  3. Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to have a user-specific clock setting?: I have both personal and business user accounts on my windows 11 computer. The personal account, I'd like to be on GMT, while the business account needs to be on Eastern Time. Each time I've tried to change the system clock for one user, it would also change the clock for the...
  4. Is it possible to redirect WPP software tracing to a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to redirect WPP software tracing to a file: I have been unable to configure a debugging to a driver I am modifying, mainly because I have been unable to get networking working between the embedded device and my laptop.Is it possible to redirect the built-in WPP tracing like TraceEvents to a file in windows 10?...
  5. Is there a specific way to set up windows search?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a specific way to set up windows search?: I'm having problems with searching for files and folders in windows search and would like to know if there is a specific way to set things up to make searching easier. At the moment searching for files is pretty much non-functional and unless I know the location of a file I...
  6. I cant type in any settings menus or in the windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant type in any settings menus or in the windows search bar: I cant type in the windows search bar or any windows setting menus. I watched a few videos on youtube and they didn't resolve the issue. How do I fix thos...
  7. Possible PUP Redirects my Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible PUP Redirects my Browser: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  8. yahoo search redirect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    yahoo search redirect: This seems to have been around for a long while. Every search gets redirected to yahoo search. I've looked for an answer and am beginning to get paranoid that yahoo won't help me find the cause. What is up with this insidious malware?...
  9. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  10. Start menus & type to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menus & type to search: Thought I would show what Win10 Start menus can be (& do, soon*). The content is a wee bit different because, one is 1903 & the other is the latest Fast Track Insider Build. *With the IB can see Start typing to search. This reminds of Win8 when one could just type 'in...