Windows 10: Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

Discus and support Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRealCrayZee, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

/u/TheRealCrayZee, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

1. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files? - Similar Threads - possible reinstall without

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to reinstall windows without losing my partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall windows without losing my partition: Hey guys I'm planning to reinstall my OS and I'm kind of a newbie. I'd like to ask some questions Once I get to this window this is an example for the sake of explanation not my actual partitions I have one hard drive divided into two partitions: "C" for the system 237GB and...
  6. how to reinstall windows without losing my partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall windows without losing my partition: Hey guys I'm planning to reinstall my OS and I'm kind of a newbie. I'd like to ask some questions Once I get to this window this is an example for the sake of explanation not my actual partitions I have one hard drive divided into two partitions: "C" for the system 237GB and...
  7. how to reinstall windows without losing my partition

8. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation: We bought a laptop for a worker in our company. And he signed in with his private email.He left the company so we need to reinstall the windows 10 to master clean the laptop.In the activation section it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  9. How to reinstall windows from usb without losing files or apps if possible

How to reinstall windows from usb without losing files or apps if possible: I cannot log into my user account and I would like to reinstall windows without losing data from a usb. How could I go about doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-from-usb-without-losing/bccaa6c8-551c-4fc1-9393-8822ae82ccc5
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps: Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-while-unbootable-without/8f368c33-690f-47d7-b182-239f0c208cc3"