Windows 10: Is it possible to remote control PC case fans connected to the mainboard?

Discus and support Is it possible to remote control PC case fans connected to the mainboard? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; And if so how? Because my case fan is rattling and I try to temporarily give more/less power so that it doesn't rattle anymore. Kann man PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bb4cm, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Bb4cm Win User

Is it possible to remote control PC case fans connected to the mainboard?

And if so how? Because my case fan is rattling and I try to temporarily give more/less power so that it doesn't rattle anymore.

:)

Bb4cm, Jul 28, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control $65

The Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote Control for $64.95 with free shipping. This remote features optimization for DVR (e.g., TiVo), programmable macros, and USB connectivity for both Macs and PCs.

List price: $149

joytime360, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Kaesgaan Win User

Connecting case fan controller to the MB melted a wire?

Hey. Yesterday I ordered three 12V Evolveo C1 rgb case fans and a controller. However, what I didn't notice is that the online store accidentaly sent me 5V fans (since the packing was exactly the same I simply didn't realize...).

I plugged the fans to the controller and the controller to the molex and the motherboard (MSI x370). Once I turned on my computer, I smelled something weird and realized that the wire to the MB is melted completely. I turned off the computer and PS, unplugged the wire to the MB and when I turned on the computer again with the melted wire removed everything worked fine - no visible damage, both fans and computer worked simply being connected to the controller through the molex. I guess this was caused by the fans being "only" 5V" while I needed 12V fans, right?

So, I'd like to ask - I still have the fans connected and they work fine. Is there anything that could happen or any risks? Or should I use my old fans instead? Since I'm not an expert, I don't want my PC to burn completely or anything.

Thanks in advance.
    Is it possible to remote control PC case fans connected to the mainboard? smile.gif
    Veronika.

Kaesgaan, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to remote control PC case fans connected to the mainboard? - Similar Threads - possible remote control

2. Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows: Hello,i got Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX and Be quiet silent base 802 case where a fan controller is mounted for the case fans. When switching the mode inside bios from auto to PWM Which also stands on the fan controller cable you can clearly hear its gets quiet, and the curve...
  3. Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Controller of Case works fine in Bios with PWM Mode but not in Windows: Hello,i got Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX and Be quiet silent base 802 case where a fan controller is mounted for the case fans. When switching the mode inside bios from auto to PWM Which also stands on the fan controller cable you can clearly hear its gets quiet, and the curve...
  4. Fan control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan control: The fan on my laptop stopped working after an windows 11 update, what can be the problem? i have already enabled the cooling policy. i have reset the windows 11, took the fan out and cleaned it, and still does not work....
  5. Fan control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan control: I have been having problems with my hp evny x360 laptop. On the f12 key there is an icon that has three bars and a circle on each bar. I used to be able to press this key and I was able to cool my laptop, quiet the fan, balance it, or increase preformance. Now, when I hit the...
  6. Fan control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan control: I have been having problems with my hp evny x360 laptop. On the f12 key there is an icon that has three bars and a circle on each bar. I used to be able to press this key and I was able to cool my laptop, quiet the fan, balance it, or increase preformance. Now, when I hit the...
  7. Thermaltake V200 RGB possible Fan Controller issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thermaltake V200 RGB possible Fan Controller issue: Possible Fan Controller issue, Rear exhaust fan doesn't seem to be exhausting much air, took a picture of the Fan Controller on last dust clean out with phone, not sure if a connection is missing or not, and is reason why it doesn't exhaust much (sorry somehow the picture...
  8. Remote connection with controller help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote connection with controller help: Is there a way to connect a DualShock 4 ps4 controller to my iPad Air, and then use it to control my PC when I remotely connect to it? submitted by /u/nckgrock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjxgjb/remote_connection_with_controller_help/
  9. Case Fans Acting Weird

Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  10. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...