Windows 10: Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?

Discus and support Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello We have 700+ Users , we would like to remove onedrive \ Prevent it from running from all of them due to information security reasons. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharon Perets, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?

Hello

We have 700+ Users , we would like to remove onedrive \ Prevent it from running from all of them due to information security reasons.

Thank you

Sharon Perets

:)

Sharon Perets, Oct 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ?

1. Is it possible to remove Onedrive \ prevent it from running ? - Similar Threads - possible remove Onedrive

2. remove desktop from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove desktop from OneDrive: hey. i don't know how to remove Desktop from my OneDrive in PC. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-desktop-from-onedrive/9799dcdb-6416-4cd1-9f11-c5bf2342cbf4
  3. Remove folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove folders from OneDrive: Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I...
  4. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  5. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  6. Prevent OneDrive From Trying To Connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent OneDrive From Trying To Connect: *Note OneDrive forum was locked so I posted here. OneDrive always tries to connect when I login on to my Windows 10 system. I frequently don't have a internet connection in the summer months and OneDrive always displays a error message saying it can't connect. How can...
  7. Remove\prevent bloatware from Store

Remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  8. Prevent removed apps from reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent removed apps from reinstalling: Hello all, There are a few apps that keep installing themselves even after I removed them. 3D builder, Get Office, etc. Is there a way, or a couple ways to get them to NOT install once I remove them? Or to at the very least block them from functioning (example, the Get...
  9. Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup: Is there a way to prevent Onedrive from syncing at startup or perhaps completely disable it altogether? My reason for doing it is quite obscure and I not sure I can explain. Thank you. 4197
  10. Is this possible with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this possible with OneDrive?: When I had windows 8.1, any photos I had on my local c drive automatically synced with one drive. I've had windows 10 for awhile now and I've just noticed that any new photos/documents I add to my local drive don't automatically sync to one drive. When I right clicked on the...