Windows 10: is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...)

Discus and support is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i am often annoyed by the fact that the buttons in Windows Mail aren't the same as in Outlook.com. The position of the Delete button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _Phoenix2000_, Jul 2, 2019.

1. is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...)

Hi,

i am often annoyed by the fact that the buttons in Windows Mail aren't the same as in Outlook.com.

The position of the Delete button is frustrating in Windows Mail because it's on the far right, while in Outlook.com, it's the second button right after Reply.

I don't see why the order of these buttons aren't the same in both Windows Mail and Outlook.com.

In Outlook.com, the Delete button is always visible, while in Windows Mail its visibility depends on the fact that the navigation pane is open or not. If navigation pane is visible, you have to click the triple dots button to show the Delete button.

So guys, can you fix that in Windows Mail so both show the same buttons in the same order, or let me know how, if possible, to reorder the buttons?

Thanks a lot in advance is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...) :)

:)

_Phoenix2000_, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Jeong-hun Win User

Is it possible to replace the "Delete" button with "Archive" button in Mail?

I am using Gmail with the Mail (Version 17.8004) client on Windows 10.

In the list and in the notification popup, there only are "Delete" and "Set Flag" buttons. But I usually do not delete e-mails; I archive them.

I can right-click the list and choose "Archive", but it would be more convenient if I could easily archive them with a single click. I could not find any option to use archiving instead of deleting in the options.

Is it possible?

Jeong-hun, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ray_1234 Win User
    Mail notifications - Delete button possible?

Hello,

Is it possible to add a Delete button to Archive/Flag/Dismiss options on the notification for new mail?

Ray_1234, Jul 2, 2019
  4. t0yz Win User

is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...)

Mail notifications - Delete button possible?

Hello,

Is it possible to add a Delete button to Archive/Flag options on the notification for new mail?

I recently decided to give the included Mail a shot instead of using Thunderbird which, while functional, looks dated and well, I got bored of it after 10 years. The Mail notifications are great. I'd just love to be able to delete mail without opening the
    app, I use the Archive for emails that I might need to read in the future. For things like "Some dude went live on Twitch" or uploaded a YT video I'd rather immediately delete.

Curious if one can customize this, thanks.

Edit: I got it, it's on Quick Actions. Replaced flag with delete, all great.

t0yz, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...)

1. is it possible to reorder the top action buttons (reply, delete, archive, etc...) - Similar Threads - possible reorder top

2. Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons: [ATTACH] I have not used taskbar toolbars for a while because I was using a third-party solution, but I'm putting together a basic VM for testing. I just added a toolbar and when I tried to reorder the buttons like I used to in Windows 7 I was surprised that I couldn't....
  3. Windows Mail Archive Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Archive Button: Hello, In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have the option to quickly archive emails using the toolbar button or the "quick action" button on the email card itself. However,...
  4. New Manage notifications button at top of Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Manage notifications button at top of Action Center in Windows 10: Editor’s note: We’re back with the latest weekly Windows 10 tips posts, which highlight some of the many helpful features that come with the Windows 10 November 2019 Update. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make your daily life easier with a streamlined update...
  5. Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it opens up my internet search bar. When I try and turn my volume down it asks me if I sure I want to leave the current page, and...
  6. Mail notifications - Delete button possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail notifications - Delete button possible?: Hello, Is it possible to add a Delete button to Archive/Flag/Dismiss options on the notification for new mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications-delete-button-possible/579139f8-e57d-4355-8d36-314d0823d18f
  7. Craigslist Reply Button

in Browsers and Email
    Craigslist Reply Button: I am having problems with the "reply" button on Craigslist. When I click on the button, it tries to load a reCaptcha and a message comes up and says "sorry, something went wrong." I am using Windows 10 (build 1809) with Edge browser. I have tried disabling add-ons, did a...
  8. Craigslist Reply Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Craigslist Reply Button: I am having problems with the "reply" button on Craigslist. When I click on the button, it tries to load a reCaptcha and a message comes up and says "sorry, something went wrong." I am using Windows 10 (build 1809) with Edge browser. I have tried disabling add-ons, did a...
  9. Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?: If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot. Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode? [img] 112447
  10. How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button

in Browsers and Email
    How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button: Comparing 4 computers with: Windows 10 build 1703 x64 All have the latest updates from Windows Update All have the same version of the Mail client from Windows Store All have Office 2016 without Outlook 1 computer shows the delete button in the email alert notification...