Windows 10: Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?

Discus and support Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Bear with me as I have had this catastrophic issue I've been dealing with for the past 24 hours... Long story short: I cloned my 500gb samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Dan7, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Dan7 Win User

Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?

Hello,

Bear with me as I have had this catastrophic issue I've been dealing with for the past 24 hours...

Long story short: I cloned my 500gb samsung ssd to my new Intel 2tb ssd using acronis. Everything was working well so I deleted my 500gb samsung ssd. Then i restarted and the intel ssd wouldn't boot. i tried everything and nothing worked. Yes; EVERYTHING. For 10 hours straight. So I gave up.

This is what I did; I installed a fresh windows 10 on the Samsung SSD. From there I was able to access all the content of the non bootable ssd. I created a back up of the entire computer on the intel ssd. I saved this back up on the samsung ssd. I was hoping i could replace all the data, software, and settings easily to a new windows 10 install.

I erased the intel ssd and installed a fresh new windows 10. I am now on the working 2tb intel ssd. I am on a msi gs65 and have the 500gb samsung ssd on the second drive slot. Thus, i have access to the backup made through acronis of the unbootable intel ssd on the 500gb ssd.

What i need help with (if even possible)... is to replace all the data, settings, and software on this intel ssd from the backup i described. I will appreciate the help!

Thanks

TL;DR: Created a backup of a non-bootable SSD.

Created a fresh Windows 10 install.

I want to take this non-bootable back-up, take all the data, settings, etc, and slap it on this new install so that it works exactly as the non-bootable worked before it decided to stop booting.

Is this even possible?

Thanks.

:)

2. arens Win User

[WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup? :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup? :)

Mussels, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup? - Similar Threads - possible replace data

2. Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?: Hi folks I was wondering if some powershell expert would know if it's possible to create a daily differential backup from the command line and then run it as an automated daily command. Primarily for DATA not the OS backup. It might even be possible to do it in the WSL --...
  3. Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows / Data Differential Backup from Command Line -- Possible ?: Hi folks I was wondering if some powershell expert would know if it's possible to create a daily differential backup from the command line and then run it as an automated daily command. Primarily for DATA not the OS backup. It might even be possible to do it in the WSL --...
  4. System image backup from non-bootable drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image backup from non-bootable drive: My computer was recently rendered non-bootable when I recently attempted the Windows update to 2004. After much googling, many attempts, and a help forum thread, I'm pretty much resigned to having to do a clean install of Windows to restore the computer. But before I do...
  5. backup data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  6. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  7. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  8. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  9. Is it possible to create a bootable backup of the entire system drive?

Is it possible to create a bootable backup of the entire system drive?: Just wondering for transferring to other drives. Also because I'm kinda curious about making my own Windows distro of sorts. I have my own way of setting up Windows to be secure and private with nice open-source programs which many people really like, but I'm really tired...
  10. Restore Windows From Data Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows From Data Backup?: So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question now becomes, is there anyway to, when I reinstall Windows, to restore from that backup (since it's just a data backup of...