Windows 10: Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

Discus and support Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with icons with a third-party application? I use Windows for games only and want GOG Galaxy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alien2003, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

Hey! Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with icons with a third-party application? I use Windows for games only and want GOG Galaxy launcher to be my main menu

submitted by /u/alien2003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alien2003, Mar 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    App in start menu

Hi,

It is possible that the was uninstalled that's why you can't find it anywhere now or the app file was corrupted. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest installing the app again and see if it will show on the start menu.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

1. Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app? - Similar Threads - possible replace Start

2. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  3. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  6. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  7. Smallest Start menu possible

in Windows 10 Support
    Smallest Start menu possible: What is the smallest size possible for the Windows 10 Start menu? I could only resize it to a certain extent, then it would not get any smaller. [img] 15464
  8. Desktop replaced by start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop replaced by start menu: Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the...
  9. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  10. Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold: Not an option, but rather a new thing Paul Thurrott To date, our understanding of the new Start menu that's coming in "Threshold," the next major Windows release that may or may not be called Windows 9 when it ships next year, is that it would augment the existing Start...