Windows 10: Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Discus and support Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Hi.

I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit.
    The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents.

Is this possible within W10 itself?

TIA *chuckle

:)

Compumind, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Markd569 Win User

Resizing tiles

I am trying to resize a tile in the start menu. If I right click the tile and select resize, it will only let me choose "medium", "wide" or "large". If I select "small" the tile will disappear and will only come back if I "unpin" from start and "pin to start"
    again (at medium size).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark.

Markd569, Jan 17, 2019
  3. garym123 Win User
    Tile Resizing Problem

To resize a Tile

• Tap and hold the Tile you want to change to a different size.

• Tap Resize
      Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View? start-icon-resize-arrow.png
      until the Tile changes to the size you want.

• When you're done, press the Start
      Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View? hardware-icon-start-button.png
      button.

garym123, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

1. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View? - Similar Threads - possible resize Tile

2. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tiles, where are my tiles?: A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite...
  3. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiles, where are my tiles?: A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite...
  4. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Tiles

Tiles: Hi wonder if you can help please, I accidently unpinned the tile that said PLAY, it had 5 games in it, I have the games back on screen but as seperate tiles, where can i find the PLAY tile, Ive clicked the three lines in top left of screen Win 10 64 bit and looked but see no...
  6. PDF Tile Views

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Tile Views: HI I have nearly a thousand Embroidery Files that I am now moving to my PC in pdf format. Each of these patterns has a picture of the item on the front page. Is it possible to see the actual picture instead of the pds icon in tile view in windows explorer in windows...
  7. tiles

tiles: opened my new windows 10 laptop and the view went from the tile view to the old classic start button view. i want the tiles back but cannot find any explanation about how to do this. can someone help?...
  8. tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    tiles: Why am I losing my tiles---one day they are there the next some are gone. 19694
  9. Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot: I searched for this but nothing turned up. The tiles I've put on the start page for various apps (all resized to small) and arranged in groups are rearranging themselves randomly and resizing to medium each time I reboot. I can't find any reason for this. Also, is it possible...
  10. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resizeable tile view