Windows 10: is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

Discus and support is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LesterWeijers, Jun 7, 2023.

1. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses.

:)

LesterWeijers, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

1. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network? - Similar Threads - possible restict application

2. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  3. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  4. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  5. Network problem with specific device on specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem with specific device on specific network: Hi there, I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network...
  6. It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It is possible to prevent a single application writing data to a specific folder?: I have an application that writes temp files in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I wanted to know if there is a way, either using Windows 10 or a third-part solution, to prevent that application from doing it. The easiest way would be disabling writing on the entire Temp folder, but I...
  7. Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?

Is it possible to limit an application to a specific amount of resources?: For example capping chrome to 25% ram usage and 10% CPU usage? Would be great if possible submitted by /u/pooperT100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbxxqu/is_it_possible_to_limit_an_application_to_a/
  8. A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?: If anyone knows a way? I found "forcebind" program but dunno if it works with windows 10? and i cant find how you UNbind if u make a mistake(?) Thanks submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments]...
  9. Select GPU to use by specific applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select GPU to use by specific applications: have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it. I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do...
  10. Is it possible to disable a device while a specific application runs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to disable a device while a specific application runs?: I have an IR receiver constantly attached to my computer. One program I use always registers it as a game controller, and stops me from using my actual game controllers in favor of it. Is it possible to automate disabling the IR receiver while the program runs, and...