Windows 10: Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC?

Discus and support Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there My Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro, 64 Bit, after 8 years of intensive use and probably over 1.5 million miles of mileage seemed to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xprt007, Feb 26, 2021.

1. xprt007 Win User

Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC?

Hi there

My Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro, 64 Bit, after 8 years of intensive use and probably over 1.5 million miles of mileage seemed to have permanently died recently. It no longer reacts to the power switch and i do not think spending hundreds of $$, which I in any case do not have would be justified to repair it. Before that, the screen had also got a problem for which an expensive replacement was recommended.

Luckily, I always make system images and I have access to data files by opening WindowsImageBackup, though lost many programs I cannot re-install, those that had one time activation.

I normally have access and use several WLAN networks at different locations, which use normal WPA2 encryption and have their credentials. For one critical WLAN network, though - my primary internet access and using enterprise encryption ?, it was not possible to note down the credentials at the time I started using the network as the notebook was still working and I have no access to the administrator any more, due to diverse factors. Even then as the notebook was still working, unlike normal WLAN networks, the login credentials of the enterprise version do not have the option of viewing them via the control panel.

So here are my questions:

• Is WLAN data by any chance stored in a particular Windows system folders/files that can be identified and if so, which ones?
    • if this data is stored in this Windows file, crazy as it may sound, is it possible after extracting it from the system image of the dead notebook, overwriting the same folder/file in another Windows 10 installation and having the saved WLAN networks accessible on a different Windows 10 notebook? I would of course make a copy of the original folder/files on new system before that.

I know this sounds crazy, but this particular network provides critical internet access for me at that particular location and being without it is a real nightmare, which should explain my dresperation.

I would very much appreciate you help.

Is there any other way of solving this, using any of the files in the connected system image?
    Please remember I have no access to system administrator for a long while to come, otherwise this would not be an issue.

Thank you in advance

:)

xprt007, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2021
  3. about windows 10 pro in a dead pc

is there any way to retrieve win10 license key from a dead pc?

the product key is upgrade from win7 ultimate & the pc is totally dead, can't boot up at all & can't enter bios can't see a blue scree ect.....

Andrew OoLeong Wei, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

NO Internet - Wlan password change not possible!

Are you seeing your Router in the Wireless Connection list when clicking on the icon in the Notification area? If so, clicking your Router's name in that list should give a choice to connect then enter the password you set in the Router. That routine works also in Linux and Mac OS X, not exactly OS/Operating System specific. The afore-mentioned list will usually show a number of Routers around you, most will have a very low strength and should be passworded or locked.

Berton, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC? - Similar Threads - possible retrieve WLAN

2. Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?: Hi all, back in January 2016 I purchased an Asus Zenbook Signature Edition laptop from the Microsoft store, which came with a full version of Windows 10 Home pre-installed. However, the laptop died on me sometime last year.Now, I am building a new PC and was wondering if I...
  3. Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?: Hi all, back in January 2016 I purchased an Asus Zenbook Signature Edition laptop from the Microsoft store, which came with a full version of Windows 10 Home pre-installed. However, the laptop died on me sometime last year.Now, I am building a new PC and was wondering if I...
  4. Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  6. data retrieval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data retrieval: does anyone know how to recover lost data manually with no software ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-retrieval/ff84667b-bccd-4f26-bba6-d2e4fc23ca0f
  7. Retrieving data from Windows 10 HDD

Retrieving data from Windows 10 HDD: I have a hard drive from a Windows 10 laptop that crashed during a Windows update. I tried repeatedly but none of the system repair steps were successful. I think most of my files were backed up to OneDrive but I am not confident. I removed the HDD from my laptop and put it...
  8. Retrieve data from PC with expired Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retrieve data from PC with expired Windows OS: When I was studying, I got a free copy of Windows 10 through the University. Since I am no longer studying, my student account has been closed and I can no longer log into my PC. Is there a way I can access the data on the harddrive somehow? submitted by /u/Kronborg11...
  9. Moving data from dead laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving data from dead laptop to PC: Recently, I found my old, broken laptop, and I removed the hard disk drive from it. That laptop ran Windows 7, and I was wondering if I could put it in my pc, which runs Windows 10 Home, to transfer the files (pictures, documents, etc). Info Old one is Toshiba 320 gigabyte...
  10. Wlan is dead? no connections are available

Wlan is dead? no connections are available: [IMG] After 8 hours of troubleshooting and searching, i am not any closer to fixing this. the wlan driver on my Dell xps 15 l501x has disappeared after waking it from sleep today, after years of it working just fine.i have made no changes, no updates, installed any program,...