Windows 10: Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

Discus and support Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zach Berry32, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec command using the target machines local admin account. I keep getting “Make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled”. Here’s what I’m runningIs it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC? :psexec -i \\IP ipconfig /all -u .\username -p password Am I able to run this command using the local admin account on the target machine, without having admin$ share enabled? I don’t believe this is a firewall issue, and the target machine is online and pinging. I’ve already tried nslookup with the I

:)

Zach Berry32, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Thema:

Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

1. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC? - Similar Threads - possible run PsExec

2. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?: Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec command using the target machines local admin account. I keep getting “Make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled”....
  3. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?: Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec command using the target machines local admin account. I keep getting “Make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled”....
  4. everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?: a while back i had to give myself more permissions in order to bring files over from my old PC. i have no had any issues with this since, but have noticed some programs that point out to me that i am going to "run it as admin" even though i have no clicked the option to do so...
  5. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  6. Running .NET without admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running .NET without admin: Hello all, Is it possible to run the Windows .NET Framework without admin privileges? This is the screen I get every time I try to run the program: [ATTACH] Thanks...
  7. Running .NET without admin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running .NET without admin: Hello all, Is it possible to run the Windows .NET Framework without admin privileges? This is the screen I get every time I try to run the program: [ATTACH] Thanks...
  8. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?: So curently i cant dowload anything from the internet without the uac blocking me from using it . Like games and other apps, i've tried disabling it but it always asks for an admin password which i dont have or using comand prompt but it still fails.The device i'm using is...
  9. PSexec

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PSexec: I know you can use PSExec to say for instance shutdown or delete a file on a remote computer's desktop of a user on the domain. psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c del c:\Users\user\Desktop\testtext.txt psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c shutdown /h /r 0 Is there a way...
  10. Psexec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psexec: Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767