Windows 10: Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command

Discus and support Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know if it is possible to run Universal Windows Platform apps with a different user using the runas command. Thanks. 114099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ricardobohner, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command

I would like to know if it is possible to run Universal Windows Platform apps with a different user using the runas command. Thanks.

:)

ricardobohner, Jul 14, 2018
  2. BigJET53 Win User

runas command for username with spaces

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a shortcut open with a different user automatically (without having to hold shift and clicking open with different user), and I read that I could right click on the shortcut, click Properties, and under Shortcut, in the Target section,
    append in the beginning:

runas /user:USERNAME but my username includes a space in between it. I've tried using double quotes, single quotes, \, %20, and none I've tried seem to work. Is there an easy solution to this?

I've noticed whenever I run the command, it also changes the Target location from Client to System32, and appends C:\Windows\System32\ before runas and adds an .exe after runas (ex: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:USERNAME "C:\Program Files (x86)\program\program.exe"
    and it also gets rid of /home at the end of the Target.

Is that normal?

Lastly, if a path has something such as C:\Program Files (x86)\program\program.exe, which I assume is shared between all users, how can Windows tell that the program.exe should be run differently for each user (unique data/login information)?

Thanks!

BigJET53, Jul 14, 2018
  3. runas requires elevation - what do I do about this?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

Runas allows a user to run specific tools and programs with different permissions than the user's current logon provides.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. Which programs are you trying to run on the Computer?

2. Are you trying to run command (C:\Users\luser>runas /user:admin "mmc gpedit.msc") in Command Prompt?

If you trying to the run the command in Command Prompt, then I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Command Prompt(Admin).

3. Then enter the below command:

C:\Users\luser>runas /user:admin "mmc gpedit.msc

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command :)

Thema:

Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command

1. Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command - Similar Threads - possible run UWP

2. Can't use Uwp apps :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't use Uwp apps :: Everytime I want to open up a Windows 10 uwp app this pops up. Everytime I open up a Windows 8.1 uwp app it just immorality closes after 2 seconds of being opened. I've tried everything from dcim, sfc, troubleshooter, resetting the apps. I officially think the account is...
  3. Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?: Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a pc which I use for both work and gaming. When gaming I connect my pc to my tv (instead of my usual dual monitors for work). I'd love to be able login to my 'Gaming' user account and for the resolution to be...
  4. Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas: I was able to start cmd as administrator from cmd/powershell using the following command: start cmd -verb runas I am no longer do so. The command fires up a new cmd window but without admin privelege. I am not aware which update or changes blocked this functionality....
  5. Running as a different user / Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running as a different user / Administrator: Hi, I work in a large enterprise and found that many users on the service desk / 2nd line support are having issues when running applications such as CMD, Active Directory, SCCM etc as a different user (signing in with their Admin Account) When they sign in as a...
  6. Unable to find "runas" and other commands!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find "runas" and other commands!: Windows 10 - I think my system variable path is messed up! because I'm not able to run any commands such as powershell or runas from the command prompt after booting to a bootable disk and going to command prompt for troubleshooting. Error - Runas or Powershell is not...
  7. Run CMD commands on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Run CMD commands on different drives: Hi all, I launch cmd on Windows 10 (drive C:) and want to run the command attrib -s -h *.* /s /d from there on the drive E. How to accomplish this, please? 135743
  8. Sending password from a script for runAs command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending password from a script for runAs command: Hello, Currently working on a code to stop and start a windows services with administrator credentials from a java programming language. Was researching on runAs command but couldn't pass send password either through piping the command or by reading the password through a...
  9. Can't run services, gpedit (and possibly other) run app commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run services, gpedit (and possibly other) run app commands: Typing at least two items in the "run" window desktop app (win/r) brings issues. - when I type 'services' = nothing (not even a window or an error message). - when I type 'gpedit.msc' = error message popup/dialogue that it can't find the program Yet I can open these...
  10. runas command won't recognize administrator password

in Windows 10 Support
    runas command won't recognize administrator password: I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run uwp app as administrator

2. uwp app runas administrator

3. runas uwp app

4. uwp support runas,
  5. runas /user: uwp,
  6. uwp app run as another user