Windows 10: Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

Discus and support Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, I decided to remove Windows from both of my Pcs and replace it with Ubuntu Linux. I've installed Virtualbox and decided to Run Windows 10 as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fairy-Rider, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

Okay, I decided to remove Windows from both of my Pcs and replace it with Ubuntu Linux. I've installed Virtualbox and decided to Run Windows 10 as a gues OS on my machines.

Here's why I've chosen to run Windows as a guest OS:

I prefer to run Windows 10 in a virtual machine because, I wanted to reduce time as I toggle between OSs.

Be aware; I've intentionally removed Windows from my local machine because, I've transitioned to Ubuntu Linux. Running Windows 10 via a virtual machine is my prefered way to run Windows.

On my HP laptop; it runs Ubuntu, and Windows is running as a guest OS... My HP tower has a same configuration.

As I run Windows 10; sometimes it hangs when running via a virtual machine., I can tall by listening to Narrator's stuttering, or voice that is sped up or slowed down.

If I am currently running Windows via Virtualbox; are there any considerations? I'm just wondering.

:)

Fairy-Rider, Dec 24, 2020
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch? DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

1. Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch? - Similar Threads - possible Run Virtualbox

2. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  3. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  4. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 to VirtualBox - what are my options?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 to VirtualBox - what are my options?: Hi Everyone. I have purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad 3 laptop. Today I will replace the pre-installed Windows 10 with GNU/Linux Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. Since there is a slight possibility my daughter's nursing school program may require Windows 10 I am hoping to re-install...
  6. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  7. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  8. catch 22 windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    catch 22 windows 10 home: I took my computer to be repaired. Repair guy changed OS from home to pro. I wouldn't pay because I never ok'd . Now I can't activate because no product key. Tried to go back to home edition and keep getting Pro reinstalled even after changing registry. What am I doing wrong...
  9. What's the catch with GameGain ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the catch with GameGain ?: Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and browsing youtube , so I managed to upgrade it to windows 10 which went up fine despite not even being supported but i did notice it...
  10. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...