Windows 10: Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

Discus and support Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I see a .jpg and want to save it as a .png, I have to change the "save as type" drop-down from .jpg, to "All Files" and then manually add ".png" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxcv444, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

If I see a .jpg and want to save it as a .png, I have to change the "save as type" drop-down from .jpg, to "All Files" and then manually add ".png" to the end of the image.

Is there a way to change this to save all images as .png by default? If there's not a way to achieve it in Windows settings, does anybody know of any (preferably small) program that will help me do this?

submitted by /u/zxcv444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxcv444, Jan 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

1. Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default? - Similar Threads - possible save images

2. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  3. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  4. Save image from web save as winzip image manager instead of png, jpg, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save image from web save as winzip image manager instead of png, jpg, etc.: When i search images on web both chrome and edge, the png and jpg files are being saved as winzip image manager format there is no choice of png or jpg format under save as. In the past, it would have allowed me to save as png or jpg file but recently the only option is...
  5. Save image from web save as winzip image manager instead of png, jpg, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save image from web save as winzip image manager instead of png, jpg, etc.: When i search images on web both chrome and edge, the png and jpg files are being saved as winzip image manager format there is no choice of png or jpg format under save as. In the past, it would have allowed me to save as png or jpg file but recently the only option is...
  6. Save image from web save as winzip image manager instead of png, jpg, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Save all images to devise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save all images to devise: I there a way to save all images to device in a sicky note at once. currently i can only save one image to device at a time and its time consuming if you are saving a lot of images. Does this function exist? if not, are there any plans to add it?...
  8. Default save locations for new images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save locations for new images: Hi Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents I want to either put it on the desktop by default choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location like apple Can anyone help please? Thanks...
  9. Is it at all possible to get something unwanted by saving a image?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it at all possible to get something unwanted by saving a image?: What I mean by saving an image is right clicking on the image and clicking "save as". Does this apply to all sites? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-it-at-all-possible-to-get-something-unwanted-by/9dee6a61-4a05-4579-9911-4117b6a029ae
  10. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png: Good morning. I've located the Windows Lock Screen images, copied them to a Pictures photo and tried renaming them with a jpeg/png extension. But 8 out of the first 10 have an error when I try to open them in irfanview . . . . Should I assume that these aren't Lock Screen...