Windows 10: Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?

Discus and support Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, I boot up. A lot of times I'll use split screens for a: code editor, web browser (or two), Photoshop, and say an instance of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ARNK Win User

Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?

For example, I boot up.

A lot of times I'll use split screens for a: code editor, web browser (or two), Photoshop, and say an instance of Windows Media Player for video. Is there anything out there that will allow me to pull these programs up in their initial positions to avoid the repetitive task of setting them up each and every single day?

Thanks

:)

ARNK, Sep 9, 2018
  2. djbaxter Win User

Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up.

They all SAVE the layout (or seem to).

The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use that feature doesn't appear to do anything.

Currently using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Just had Windows install the latest updates so I'm assuming I probably now have the Creators Edition.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD utility that actually works to restore the icon size and layout when Windows manages to jumble them?

djbaxter, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 9, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? - Similar Threads - possible save restore

2. restore stuck at choose a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore stuck at choose a keyboard layout: I did a system restore on my Computer, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I had been running Windows 10 ever since the upgrade became available. It started to do the restore operation, but it stopped at choose a keyboard layout and my usb keyboard and usb mouse...
  3. Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up: I just bought acer predator with windows 10 home . my cpu temp off and on started to rise up to 85 degree with no app runing or playing game. so if when i checked this SVCHOST app of windows was causing the problem. i have to manually end it or it will continuously engage the...
  4. Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?: I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up. They all SAVE the layout (or seem to). The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use...
  5. Possible to backup software and restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Possible to backup software and restore?: Okay, so, it looks like I'm going to have to refresh or reset Windows 10 at this point (I'm having an issue with it but I have tried all possible solutions). Is it possible to backup the program files, and/or registry settings for those programs and then restore afterwards?...
  6. Keyboard layout changing in Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout changing in Apps: Hi, For some inexplicable reason my keyboard layout is different in windows 10 app than is in normal windonws 10 environment - even though on the taskbar it says it is the same... what could cause this? thanks in advance if you have any advice solving this issue. 61366
  7. Photo using alot of memory after bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo using alot of memory after bootup: Today I booted up and immediately noticed my pc was a little sluggish. I ran task manager and second highest user of memory was photo. This is the first time I've noticed that. Is this normal? Eventually it went away, but initially it was using over 170 megs. 98967
  8. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts: I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3. Now...
  9. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: This tutorial has been updated to work again. *Smile 3088
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...