Windows 10: Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?

Discus and support Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, I boot up. A lot of times I'll use split screens for a: code editor, web browser (or two), Photoshop, and say an instance of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ARNK Win User

Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?

For example, I boot up.

A lot of times I'll use split screens for a: code editor, web browser (or two), Photoshop, and say an instance of Windows Media Player for video. Is there anything out there that will allow me to pull these programs up in their initial positions to avoid the repetitive task of setting them up each and every single day?

Thanks

:)

ARNK, Sep 9, 2018
  2. djbaxter Win User

Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up.

They all SAVE the layout (or seem to).

The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use that feature doesn't appear to do anything.

Currently using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Just had Windows install the latest updates so I'm assuming I probably now have the Creators Edition.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD utility that actually works to restore the icon size and layout when Windows manages to jumble them?

djbaxter, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 9, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot? - Similar Threads - possible save restore

2. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  3. Mail app commercial use possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app commercial use possible?: I would like to use Mail app in the Windows 10 for my business email account. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use it. Licence of the app redirects to some page with licence for "Office Mobile Apps" from 2015 and there is stated that license is personal/non-commercial only....
  4. Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?

Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?: This is the one I am referring too, https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/99fjig/new_search_layout_1803_not_an_insider_build/ I think it looks great. submitted by /u/xcloudgamer2020 [link] [comments]...
  5. "System" using alot of internet data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System" using alot of internet data: "System" is using more than 5gb of internet data every day. Last month it used more than 250gb I get than Windows 10 is data demanding but still theres gotta be a solution to my problem Thanks for your help Thomas...
  6. Office Apps (Word etc) Won't save when using a VPN. Any suggestions?

Office Apps (Word etc) Won't save when using a VPN. Any suggestions?: I also can't complete a security check on my Office 365 subscription when connected via a VPN (which for security I have on all the time). submitted by /u/blissed_out_cossack [link] [comments]...
  7. save workspace/desktop layout

in Windows 10 Support
    save workspace/desktop layout: would be nice to open something and just have a lot of my productivity apps open the way I want them to on the desktop 126962
  8. Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window App using alot of processor causing it to heat up: I just bought acer predator with windows 10 home . my cpu temp off and on started to rise up to 85 degree with no app runing or playing game. so if when i checked this SVCHOST app of windows was causing the problem. i have to manually end it or it will continuously engage the...
  9. Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?: I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up. They all SAVE the layout (or seem to). The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use...
  10. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts: I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3. Now...