Windows 10: Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?

Discus and support Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to schedule to play music using groove music player, I found that I can use Task scheduler so, I tried to schedule to play music but there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chalapathi D V, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?

I want to schedule to play music using groove music player, I found that I can use Task scheduler so, I tried to schedule to play music but there is no option to use groove. I don't want to use any other players. Please solve my problem.

:)

Chalapathi D V, Jul 22, 2021

2. Schedule music with mswindowsmusic: and arbitrary folder

I have learnt that it is possible to start UWP apps with commands like start mswindowsmusic:

I have also discovered that it's possible to save this command in a .bat file, and then use Windows Task Scheduler to execute the command in the .bat file at an arbitrary time to launch the UWP app.

Is it possible to pass a parameter or argument to the mswindowsmusic: app (groove) so that it automatically plays music from a specified folder upon launching?

I think there should be a way to play all the music in a folder because it's possible to do this from explorer, so presumably groove is capable of taking a folder or a list of music as a parameter upon launching.

I have seen that there are possible alternative solutions using the traditional VLC app, however I'm curious to know if this is possible with the groove UWP app as I don't currently have the legacy VLC app installed.

Many Thanks

vividfeedback, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Josipa Win User
    Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?

Automated scheduled music via Task Scheduler.

I want to play daily automated scheduled music via Task Scheduler. I will play multiple songs per day once only.

Windows media player is not suitable for this task as it repeats the song and will also not close automatically upon the song ending. This will be a hands off, unmanaged set up. So I use a command line media player that closes instantly after the song ends
    (cmdmp3.exe). I have set this player to default. Everything seems to work until the point of activation where a pop up appears asking if I would like to continue using the cmdmp3.exe media player.

I have also tried choosing the cmdmp3.exe as the program and inputting the songs location into the arguments section however nothing seems to happen.

Any support will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hayden Ford, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player?

1. Is it possible to schedule using Task scheduler to play music using groove music player? - Similar Threads - possible schedule using

2. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  3. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Use task scheduler for hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Use task scheduler for hibernation: Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I decided to use task scheduler to tell my computer to go to sleep. It works with one exception, it doesn't wait the 30 minutes...
  7. GrooveManager for Groove Music - How to use?

GrooveManager for Groove Music - How to use?: Hi, I had a problem with Groove Music where it was not showing artist images. In an attempt to fix this, I installed GrooveManager to edit artist metadata. However, after extracting the contents of the zip, I couldn't find a .exe file. Can someone please tell me how to use...
  8. groove music player to play music through google hangouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    groove music player to play music through google hangouts: Hi, On My new June 2020 HP laptop windows 10 -I want to use google Hangouts or Skype to Teach English Language, BUT I need to share the screen and play audio track from my computer SO THE STUDENTS CAN HEAR IT, Mp3 tracks and When we watch something on Youtube for example....
  9. Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove: I ask Cortana to play music from my library where I set up Groove as a default. But when I ask to play a specific artist or a song, Cortana sends me to the Store to download this music. I have this music on my PC...
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644