Windows 10: Is it possible to see which windows 7 key was used to update to 10?

Discus and support Is it possible to see which windows 7 key was used to update to 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have three retail copies of windows 7. I had 3 computers for them. I now have two computers and a spare key. The problem is, I am not sure which key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tannim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. tannim Win User

Is it possible to see which windows 7 key was used to update to 10?

I have three retail copies of windows 7. I had 3 computers for them. I now have two computers and a spare key.
    The problem is, I am not sure which key is the spare key.

Is there any way to tell which windows 7 key was used to upgrade to windows 10?

:)

tannim, Mar 21, 2016

2. Epson Stylus CX6600 - Now only USB2.0 MFP(Hi-Speed) - Windows 10 stopped it working

23 days since I raised the problem and still NO SOLUTION...

Have you given up on your customers Microsoft???

It-Used-To-Work, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Epson Stylus CX6600 - Now only USB2.0 MFP(Hi-Speed) - Windows 10 stopped it working

Come on Microsoft - This 'support' is pathetic

It-Used-To-Work, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Boboson Win User

I think there is a way but not sure.

Boboson, Mar 21, 2016
  5. alphanumeric, Mar 21, 2016
  6. tannim Win User
    tannim, Mar 21, 2016
  7. Good stuff. On an upgrade the key is still in the registry somewhere, if you know where to look. That utility does all the hard stuff for you.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to see which windows 7 key was used to update to 10? - Similar Threads - possible key was

2. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit DVD from www.amazone.ae Dubai, UAE Text on the cover "WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD Version 20H2" , Build date:19-02-2022, Made in: USA, And I gently scratched and revealed the OEM Product Key. Is it possible to use the same...
  3. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit DVD from www.amazone.ae Dubai, UAE Text on the cover "WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD Version 20H2" , Build date:19-02-2022, Made in: USA, And I gently scratched and revealed the OEM Product Key. Is it possible to use the same...
  4. is it possible to use OEM Product key for activation of Windows 10 Pro ISO file which is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10: sir , i used windows 8 pro genuine , now i replaced the motherboard Asus B560 And processer I7-11gen ,now i cannot install windows 8 on this board ,so i installed windows 10 pro ..is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10 ..otherwise how to activate windows 10, please...
  6. is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10: sir , i used windows 8 pro genuine , now i replaced the motherboard Asus B560 And processer I7-11gen ,now i cannot install windows 8 on this board ,so i installed windows 10 pro ..is it possible to use the key 8 to windows 10 ..otherwise how to activate windows 10, please...
  7. Is it possible to use a retail Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use a retail Windows 7 key to activate Windows 10 on a new computer?: Around 11 years ago, I bought a Windows 7 Home Basic installation disk from a retail store and used it to activate Windows 7 on my old PC. I have no idea where the disk is now and that PC has been decommissioned. I still have the 25-character product key written down. Let’s...
  8. Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?

Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?: I have an old potato PC in my house and was considering somewhere down the line building a new one. Will I have to buy a new copy or is there a way to use that one? I'm sure the product key was lost years ago. Also if it's possible should I update to 10 on that old PC only?...
  9. Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?

Is it possible to activate windows 10 with windows 7 OEM key?: Im building a new pc and I have an old laptop with windows 7 oem licence. As far as I know it’s still possible to upgrade from 7 to 10 for free but is it possible to use the laptops activation key to activate windows on the new pc? If not, is there some other way to utilize...
  10. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?: I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still...