Windows 10: Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Discus and support Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to clean a secondary data drive and select the drive that Windows 10 Setup should clean and install to. I would like Windows setup to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurDurand, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

I would like to clean a secondary data drive and select the drive that Windows 10 Setup should clean and install to. I would like Windows setup to clean and repartition the drive I select just like I specified in the unattend.xml file. Is this possible, or is there another way to do this?

My autounattend.xml looks like this:
    Code:
    :)

ArthurDurand, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 23, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

1. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup? - Similar Threads - possible select disk

2. Autounattend with no product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autounattend with no product key?: Hi all. My first post here so please bear with me. I found the installation tutorials on this forum very useful and I've been using unattended setups for a while now. My question is about the product key section of the autounattend file. In Windows 10 ver 2004 and earlier I...
  3. Possible to lock keymap selection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to lock keymap selection?: Windows 10 keeps changing keymaps constantly. It's incredibly annoying. On one computer I managed to solve this since I only wanted to use one keymap, and with powershell it's possible to physically remove any other language than the one you want to use. On this computer...
  4. Creating autounattend

Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  5. Autounattend doesnt work

Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  6. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: My unattend.xml looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64"...
  7. Autounattend help

Autounattend help: Hi! I'm trying to use the autounattend.xml file for the first time and I have some questions about it. The first question is why the privacy settings appear twice (it appears before login with the created user, and after logon with that user). The second question is why my...
  8. Hardware Profile Selection Setup

Hardware Profile Selection Setup: I'm not quite sure where to begin with this, but here goes. Small business with currently 4 employees. We have multiple printers and scanners that are all connected to one headless unit. Typically that unit stays logged into my profile (security timeout so it's still secure)....
  9. Is it possible to change this selection color?

Is it possible to change this selection color?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cbi5e5el2vy41.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf8a3f011cae3b09365ae6ccba3066262c7d8b4 submitted by /u/Baunilha11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gk2v7b/is_it_possible_to_change_this_selection_color/
  10. Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1

Autounattend should automatically take My SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1: I am Using Lenovo Legion Y530. I want to clean install Windows with Autounattend.Xml Answer File as GPT. My Laptop Contains 1 Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD and 1 Hard Disk 1TB. When I enter Disk 0 Wipe True in my Autounatten.xml Answer File. Then It will Wipe Which Drive SSD or...