Windows 10: Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor?

Discus and support Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using an older TV , a Sanyo Model DP50747, and it has no settings for resolution or anything like that, and it doesn't work with anything, it cuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayStone6, Jul 23, 2020.

1. JayStone6 Win User

Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor?

I'm using an older TV , a Sanyo Model DP50747, and it has no settings for resolution or anything like that, and it doesn't work with anything, it cuts a few inches off of the picture on all sides, it's terrible. Anyway, I can't seem to find a way to scale the resolution down, the custom scale only goes 100-500, I can't go under 100%.

:)

JayStone6, Jul 23, 2020
  2. JayStone6 Win User

I'm using an older TV , a Sanyo Model DP50747, and it has no settings for resolution or anything like that, and it doesn't work with anything, it cuts a few inches off of the picture on all sides, it's terrible. Anyway, I can't seem to find a way to scale
    the resolution down, the custom scale only goes 100-500, I can't go under 100%.

JayStone6, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Robert11 Win User
    Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

Hello,

I have a program that shows an "active" screen.
    With my eyesight these days, a bit of a problem in reading it, due to its size.

Came across a good suggestion that to make it appear larger, to lower the display resolution.

Question: is this possible selectively, just for this one program and the higher
    resolution would remain for all the other programs, or it's a Global setting, an all-or-nothing ?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    (There are no "handles," etc. to drag the display that is showing larger)

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor? - Similar Threads - possible set custom

2. 2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications: In Past my 2nd monitor was on resolution 3440x1440 but recently due to some unknown stupid reason it is downgraded to 1980x1080. I did everything that I could try but failed to achieve desired result. For exampleI have updated drivers, changed default display from Intel to...
  3. 2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Resolution is not allowing to set according to monitor specifications: In Past my 2nd monitor was on resolution 3440x1440 but recently due to some unknown stupid reason it is downgraded to 1980x1080. I did everything that I could try but failed to achieve desired result. For exampleI have updated drivers, changed default display from Intel to...
  4. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  5. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  6. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  7. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  8. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?: I have dual monitors and one of them is high DPI so I would like to set it to 125% or 150% scaling. I'm able to set it in the regular Display settings menu, but I found that when I do it this way, text in Explorer looks very blurry. The only workaround I found for this was...
  10. My 2nd monitor zoomed in and I can't edit the resolution settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    My 2nd monitor zoomed in and I can't edit the resolution settings: so my second monitor today zoomed in and I can't and everyone saying to edit the resolution settings but I can't edit the resolution settings can anybody help...