Windows 10: Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

Discus and support Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to set printer 1 as my default for my Adobe application and printer 2 as my default for MS Word. Is this possible? submitted by /u/Raidho27... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Raidho27, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

I want to set printer 1 as my default for my Adobe application and printer 2 as my default for MS Word. Is this possible?

submitted by /u/Raidho27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Raidho27, Dec 30, 2020
  2. RJShipley Win User

Windows 10 - different default printer with different networks

Windows 10 - different default printer with different networks

This was a nice feature of Windows 7.

Is it still possible in Windows 10?

If so, how?

Does not seem obvious to me.

Thanks.

RJ Shipley

RJShipley, Dec 30, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

I do it with VB logon scripts

"Dim ps0 [<------ our printer server the printers are added/managed on]
    Dim printer

ps0 = "\\ps0\"
    printer = "S14 - Oki ES4140" [<------- the name of the printer as it is shown on the server]

Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    on Error Resume Next

'Deletes all network printers
    Set clPrinters = wshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 0 to clPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2
    wshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection clPrinters.Item(i+1), true
    Next

'Add Network printer
    wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection ps0 & printer

'Set Default Printer
    wshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter ps0 & printer" [<------ this bit sets it as default (note: this must be applied as the first policy before any other printers policies, otherwise it deletes them)]

Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows? Printerscrupt.png

RCoon, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

1. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows? - Similar Threads - possible set different

2. Is it possible in windows to connect two monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible in windows to connect two monitors with different resolutions: I have a lap top and two monitors.When I connect the first monitor everything is OK. I get the full 3440x1440 resolution.When I connect the second it displays its own 1920x1080.But the problem is that when I connect the second monitor the first monitor goes down to 1920x1200...
  3. Is it possible in windows to connect two monitors with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible in windows to connect two monitors with different resolutions: I have a lap top and two monitors.When I connect the first monitor everything is OK. I get the full 3440x1440 resolution.When I connect the second it displays its own 1920x1080.But the problem is that when I connect the second monitor the first monitor goes down to 1920x1200...
  4. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  5. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  6. Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use two different sets of speakers for surround sound?: I have a dell prebuilt that has been upgraded by a free tech hand me downs, and it works pretty well, I was recently given a second set of speakers. Is it possible to have two sets working together for surround sound? submitted by /u/ilikeplanes101 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it possible to have different cursor settings for different input peripherals?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have different cursor settings for different input peripherals?: II started to play League of Legends and there seems to be general consensus that for better gaming "Enhance pointer precision" should be turned off, but I own a notebook and it's not comfortable at all to use my touchpad this way. Can I set my touchpad and my mouse to behave...
  8. Two printers with different settings is not being used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two printers with different settings is not being used: Hi I have two printer, the only different is that one is set to portrait mode, and the other is landscape mode. Portrait mode printer is the default printer, and when trying to print to landscape printer, then portrait mode is used. I have to change the orientation in the...
  9. Different Default Printer and Scanner

Different Default Printer and Scanner: I have two printers in my office, one which I would like to have be my default printer, and another which I would like to be my default scanner. Is it possible to set one as the default printer and another as a default scanner? It seems quite trivial and obvious to have this...
  10. Creating two different printer drivers on the same printer?

Creating two different printer drivers on the same printer?: Hi, I work in IT doing Help Desk/Support for a company. We want to give standard users restricted assess to a printer. If they are a manager they can print in colour, but if they are just a standard staff member they only get the option to print in black & white. An...