Windows 10: Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update?

Discus and support Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've read somewhere that Microsoft completely gutted the whole system where you can set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account, and now it's and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thr0aw4y_34, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update?

I've read somewhere that Microsoft completely gutted the whole system where you can set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account, and now it's and absolute requirement to set up Windows 10 with a Microsoft account with the new 1909 update. But, is it possible that there is a way around this?

submitted by /u/thr0aw4y_34
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thr0aw4y_34, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update? :(

Zakin, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update?

1. Is it possible to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account on the latest update? - Similar Threads - possible set without

2. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  3. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  4. How to set up Windows 11 without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up Windows 11 without a Microsoft account: Microsoft has made it really difficult to set up Windows 11 without a Microsoft account. Setting up Windows 11 with a local account is a frustrating experience for many, as there is seemingly no longer an option to skip the Microsoft account sign-in or creation of a new...
  5. Is it possible to download the Netflix without signing into a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to download the Netflix without signing into a Microsoft account?: Is there any way to get the Netflix app without having to sign into the app store? I have been able to download some other Microsoft store apps but it seems that this does not work with Netflix for whatever reason. submitted by /u/Hir0shima [link] [comments]...
  6. Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up new laptop without Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new laptop pre-loaded with Win 10 Home. Is it possible to set it up without being forced to use a Microsoft Account. I am a single user of the laptop and would prefer to have a local Windows account. It never leaves home so is quite low risk, so I...
  7. Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?: Hi, One of the family members got a windows computer from the school lab where she worked. They gave the computer away when they were cleaning up the inventory. But right now I can't login to this computer at home. When I turned it on, it directly goes to the school...
  8. Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to set up Windows 10 like this?: Currently using Windows 8.1 http://storage8.static.itmages.ru/i/...26bdfdcc5d.png 93196
  9. Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?: Hi, I do not have a Microsoft account but I'd like to set up an Windows account for my child (6 years old). I would like to basically restrict everything, and just let her play a couple of games. It is very important that she is not allowed to delete, change or...
  10. Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually: Hi folks I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow you to set up account manually - but there's no other option on the screen other than connect and then it fails even if you...