Windows 10: Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158

Discus and support Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro with the 2004 Update Installed on 10 June 2020 For the past week to 10 days ... I have been getting a notification sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevin Cook -, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158

I am running Windows 10 Pro with the 2004 Update Installed on 10 June 2020

For the past week to 10 days ... I have been getting a notification sound similar to the device removal sound and the System Event log shows Event 158

Investigation into the issue along with testing has proven the cause to be my Sandisk Imagemate Pro reader multi card

It seems that for the period indicated above ... this event 158 happens every few hours ... even though the device has no card inserted ... and occurs immediately upon connection of the reader

The text of the message is

Disk <varies> has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website http://support.microsoft.com and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.

Which make make sense as the device has 3 ports SD ... Micro SD ... and Compact Flash

I tried to follow KB2983588 but it seems the instructions for installing MPIO are for Windows 2008 Server and do not apply to W10 Pro

So ... I am looking for a way to permanently silence event 158 as it seems to do no harm ... and the device causing it still works

NOTE: I have also filed a Feedback Hub ticket

:)

Kevin Cook -, Jul 10, 2020
  2. HairyFool Win User

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect.

In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason.

Why has it started and how do I stop it?

HairyFool, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Silence the camera shutter sound in an E72

Please be aware that as it is now illegal to silence the tone on camera phone in various markets, the possible installation of mute-camera.sis is beyond the remit of this manufacturer's sponsored forum.

aspergerguy, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158

Speech Recognition Silence

I have the mic muted.
    I cannot get past this screen.
    It is not hearing me at all.

Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158 [​IMG]

mikeincousa, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158

1. Is it possible to silence Mute a specific event 158 - Similar Threads - possible silence Mute

2. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  3. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502: Hi everyone. i have a problem . when i join AD and connect network company -> event view 158 and 1502 always. taskbar error i dont click open task or file in taskbar . when i want print file in word,excel... it doesnt working image. If i disconnect network company ->...
  4. ERROR with EVENT VIEW 158-1502

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth silenced.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth silenced.: I've been using a pair of bluetooth earbuds recently, they had been working fine until yesterday, now they're always silenced until something makes sound, they take a second to "activate" and then play the rest of the audio, which is fine for movies, videos or games, but any...
  6. Shortcut to mute specific app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to mute specific app.: While I'm in zoom meetings I frequently find myself wanting to mute the app audio so that I'm able to hear audio from another app. I right click on speakers icon, open mixer and mute ZOOM. But because I do it so frequently I would like to know if I can assign a shortcut or...
  7. KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO

KB2983588 relates to Event ID 158 & resolution relates to MPIO: Can anyone help me with this problem. I am a home user & I have no idea how to resolve an issue that presents itself every time I restart my Windows 10 computer. "Please insert a disk in USB Drive G:" . Putting a disk in the cd drive did not help. Somehow I found KB...
  8. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  9. Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader

Event ID 158 generated for USB card reader: At intervals I get audible tones for USB disconnect/reconnect. In the Event logs I have Event ID:158 generated for 3 of the 4 EMPTY drive assignments allocated to my USB card reader for no obvious reason. Why has it started and how do I stop it?...
  10. Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate

Event ID 158 - disk identifiers duplicate: On every restart, I see this warning message: Disk 1 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. This did not happen on Windows...