Windows 10: Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

Discus and support Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's possible to have two rows of icons when the taskbar is horizontal (by making the taskbar wider) but this somehow doesn't work when it's vertical.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kinokomushroom, May 12, 2020.

1. Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

It's possible to have two rows of icons when the taskbar is horizontal (by making the taskbar wider) but this somehow doesn't work when it's vertical.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

submitted by /u/kinokomushroom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kinokomushroom, May 12, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Reviving this year old thread since I have the exact same question. Has anyone figured out how to have multiple columns in a vertical taskbar in Win10?

3. Edwin Win User

I'm guessing the 'Pinned' Taskbar Icons stay in a single row because of the whole thumbnail preview thing.
    Perhaps with a 3rd party utility...
    Multiple rows are easily achieved creating a new Toolbar, (right click Taskbar/Toolbars/New toolbar...)
    unlock the Taskbar and drag Toolbars to desired position by hovering of the double separator bars til you see a double headed arrow, (you can drag them over top of each other to flip their positions)...

Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical? [​IMG]

Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 12, 2020
  4. Grzegorz Win User

Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop?
    I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:

The only thing I found on the Net related to this is this topic:
    taskbar doesn't stack when vertical? - Windows 7 Help Forums
    But - first - I totally don't get this patent with a folder (?), and second - there are some years that passed, maybe, finally, there is a way to do this...? Or any taskbar tweaker, skin, whatever...?

Grzegorz, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

1. Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical? - Similar Threads - possible split taskbar

2. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  3. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  4. Icons in taskbar splits in half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in taskbar splits in half: There are icons on my taskbar that splits in half, not only my application but also the icons in the end part of the taskbar. I cant even click some icons its not working and even after restarts it shows the same. Its like permanent now on my system. It is sore in the eye I...
  5. Icons in taskbar splits in half

Icons in taskbar splits in half: There are icons on my taskbar that splits in half, not only my application but also the icons in the end part of the taskbar. I cant even click some icons its not working and even after restarts it shows the same. Its like permanent now on my system. It is sore in the eye I...
  6. Icons in taskbar splits in half

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation and the Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons on the taskbar is showing on the button as showed on the screenshot, I want to change the alignment to center.My Question is:How to change the vertical...
  8. Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment

Window 11 Taskbar icon Vertical Alignment: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation and the Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons on the taskbar is showing on the button as showed on the screenshot, I want to change the alignment to center.My Question is:How to change the vertical...
  9. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  10. Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?: Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop? I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:...