Windows 10: Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

Discus and support Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by saud, May 13, 2018.

1. saud Win User

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the laptop immediately logs out. If I use chrome remote desktop I can see the mouse moving and everything but not from Microsoft. Is it possible to see what is happening on my laptop without logging out.

:)

2. Acelyn Alc Win User

Staying logged on

Thank you for that information.

If you want to stay logged in to your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click on Screen timeout settings.
    • From there you can now change the settings to Never.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, May 16, 2018
  3. MichaelAyresS Win User
    Staying logged on

Thank you - that seems to have solved my problem. (But why could I not have been told this in the first place (rather than requiring me to look for "lower right hand corner select Screen Saver" direct from the Personalisation screen?!(

MichaelAyresS, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

1. Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot - Similar Threads - possible stay logged

2. log of remote unauthorized access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log of remote unauthorized access: where is the log of remote unauthorized access attempts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/log-of-remote-unauthorized-access/f591f6bc-986c-43c6-a6f7-712342d4d208"
  3. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  4. to stay logged in with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to stay logged in with windows 10: I have windows 10 and last week I updated my Microsoft. Since then I have to log in every time I open my computer and I do not want that. I want to stay logged on. There is only my husband and myself in the house so I we do not need this feature. How can I switch to the way...
  5. stay logged in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    stay logged in: How do I stay logged in, until I am ready to log out ie where is the setting ? 43644
  6. BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games: Hello, I have been getting BSOD in games such as CS GO and Alan Wake - sometimes i do not get a blue screen but just a black screen and them same noise it would make through the speakers, if it were to blue screen. I have done a memtest for 9 passes with no errors, i...
  7. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...
  8. Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in: My system seems to sleep if I do not log in after restarting the system. As soon as I log in, the system becomes an insomniac. I have used Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] to determine that I have a fairly common issue that prevents my system from sleeping. Code: SYSTEM:...
  9. Restart not possible, but only when logged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart not possible, but only when logged in: Not sure in which section this belongs, feel free to educate me on this as well please. I'm trying to debug this weird problem, and get nowhere: Computer seems to be running fine, except that I cannot reboot. It will simply hang in the bios screen and does not continue....
  10. Using Write-Eventlog for remote event log returns OSWritingError

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Write-Eventlog for remote event log returns OSWritingError: I have a powershell script that works on Windows 7 with powershell versions 3, 4, and 5. The same script ran on Windows 10 the command gives me a OSWriting error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Write-EventLog -LogName ClearLoftwareLabels2 -Source Scripts2 -ComputerName COMDCLKD01...