Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

Discus and support Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by saud, May 13, 2018.

1. saud Win User

I downloaded Remote Desktop app from Windows store and it works fine. The problem is that when connecting to my laptop from my other computer the laptop immediately logs out. If I use chrome remote desktop I can see the mouse moving and everything but not from Microsoft. Is it possible to see what is happening on my laptop without logging out.

:)

2. Staying logged on

Thank you for that information.

If you want to stay logged in to your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click on Screen timeout settings.
    • From there you can now change the settings to Never.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

3. Staying logged on

Thank you - that seems to have solved my problem. (But why could I not have been told this in the first place (rather than requiring me to look for "lower right hand corner select Screen Saver" direct from the Personalisation screen?!(

Thema:

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot

Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot - Similar Threads - possible stay logged

Forum Date

Blocking Netflix off my router, possible?

Blocking Netflix off my router, possible?: I've had success in blocking all other IPs and domains on my router but this has boggled my mind. I want to block netflix traffic in my router. The problem is, netflix is in an app form in my sister's iPhone and I have no luck in doing so because so many new IPs from...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Feb 21, 2018

Sharing absurdly slow, plus other possibly related problems

Sharing absurdly slow, plus other possibly related problems: File sharing is absurdly slow on my home network. While I get very good speeds when accessing files and streams from the internet, when I try to move a file from my desktop to my laptop I typically get a speed of 355kB/s, and sometimes it just stops and gives up altogether....
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Dec 21, 2017

Possible Lost Packets.

Possible Lost Packets.: Hello All, So down to the point, For around 2 years ago we used Sky internet(UK Fibre Company) Had a lot of issues specifically where whilst playing cs go, My ping would sit around 40 on average and spike up to 200+ every 6-7 seconds rendering it unplayable. I changed...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Dec 20, 2017

Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues)

Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues): I'm really not sure how else to describe the problem. I have a wired connection through some powerline adapters, my wifi is off. It seems that I can connect to some websites, but others I cannot. For example, tenforums.com seems to have no problem. nodejs.org is constantly...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Oct 4, 2017

PC reports that it is not possible to set up a Homegroup

PC reports that it is not possible to set up a Homegroup: I am having trouble with File Explorer on my wife's PC (Val1606). Under Network, it does not show my PC (Tony0415) but it has appeared under This PC but no longer. However, what it showed was that Tony0415 was merely a Media Device. It would be good if I could get Val1606...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Sep 15, 2017

Possible corruption - VPN related?

Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Sep 9, 2017

High network usage causes stuttering/latency (Possible X99 issue?)

High network usage causes stuttering/latency (Possible X99 issue?): Hi. So this is an issue that I have been trying to deal with for the past 12 months, and I have yet to find a true solution... First, allow me to give a little backstory to this issue: I bought my first X99 platform motherboard and CPU around this time last year. I started...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Aug 19, 2017

Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?

Mobile hotspot possible to set to 'always on'?: Hi all I am currently using my Surface 3 to extend my WiFi (from my main router) coverage to my older devices which don't quite have a strong enough signal to connect to my main router. This is working great, however it is getting a bit annoying to constantly having to...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing May 28, 2017

Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?

Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?: I want a program to access a shared network path and being able to write new files, bot not modify old ones. The only options I see are to fully write/modify or only read. I want permission to write and read, but not modify. Am I missing somehing or is it not possible? 80696
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Mar 31, 2017

Is it possible to mirror Windows 10 devices without a WiFi network?

Is it possible to mirror Windows 10 devices without a WiFi network?: Hi Not sure if what I am trying to do is possible. If I have two Windows 10 tablets and want to mirror the screens, do they need to both be on the same WiFi network or can this somehow be done directly between the devices? I have head about something called WiDi and...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Jun 20, 2016
Is it possible to stay logged in on the main computer when using Remot solved