Windows 10: Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Discus and support Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Compumind, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Hi all -

I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free.
    Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among conflicting articles and posts.

See...

https://www.howtogeek.com/266072/you...-8-or-8.1-key/

https://www.howtogeek.com/225048/how...-10-right-now/

Please post recent, proven procedures only, if it can be done.

Many thanks, as usual. *Smile

:)

Compumind, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 14, 2019
  3. w10 upgrade

Hi,

During the upgrade windows is asking me to manually uninstall WinZip which does not appear in any list of application running on my pc.

I am really wondering whether something fishy is not happening as picked up by the W10 upgrade process...

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible that this WinZip program detected by W10 upgrade is running on my pc without me knowing it?

2. If yes, how could I track it down? and,

3. How could I uninstall it manually?

Thank you

LindorDiop1, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it still possible to upgrade to W10 from W8.1 Pro?

Yes its possible, follow the steps given below:

Steps to upgrade windows 10 from windows 8.1

1.Take backup of all the data in your drive.
    2.Go to the microsoft link which offers free upgrade windows 10.
    3.click on upgrade link and download the exe file in your drive.
    4.Run the exe file.
    5.Install in your pc.

CSmith2018, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

1. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free? - Similar Threads - possible still upgrade

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?

Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?: I see the last posts in the upgrade forum were in 2020. Is the upgrade still available? Thanks 175774
  5. Upgrade To W10....For Free

Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  6. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  7. Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?: Hey there redditers, I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade to 10 from 8.1 for free or not, and whether or not I should. My laptop is seriously slowing down, granted it's old and all, but the question is, will it run win 10 any better? Specs: Core i3 1.9GHz (4 cores)...
  8. Is it still possible to upgrade to W10 from W8.1 Pro?

Is it still possible to upgrade to W10 from W8.1 Pro?: My current laptop is having BSOD issues for the past few weeks. I've thought of trying to fix it (or reinstalling the OS), but then why not just upgrade to W10? I currently have the key that I used to install my current W8.1 Pro. If it's still possible, what would be the...
  9. Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?: Couldn't find a good answer to this one. If someone upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 (before July 29 this year) and then reverted back to Windows 7 (also before July 29 this year). Will they still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again for free, now that the...
  10. Free W10 upgrade

Free W10 upgrade: Like I mentioned earlier my Acer I did an upgrade a bit over two weeks ago and the upgrade worked using my 7Starter keys and was upgraded to Home and I'm not talking out of my @$$. I didn't like how much slower it was when it was appified so I ripped it out by the roots and...