Windows 10: Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

Discus and support Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here is the situation I'm curious about. I'm getting a new computer with standard Windows 10 operating system. My current older computer has Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DeeDeeRT, Mar 6, 2021.

1. DeeDeeRT Win User

Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

Here is the situation I'm curious about.

I'm getting a new computer with standard Windows 10 operating system. My current older computer has Windows 10 pro which is linked to my Microsoft account online. Is it possible to move Windows 10 pro from the old to the new computer and the standard to the older computer?

If it's possible how can I do it?

:)

DeeDeeRT, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

1. Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers? - Similar Threads - possible swap versions

2. Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.: So I have a PC running OEM win10. I finally want to upgrade to another PC that also has OEM win10. Can I just swap my OS drive? I basically want to upgrade my motherboard and not having to reinstall everything. Thanks....
  3. Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs: SCENARIO: I have a PC that I am going to retire. It has Windows 10 Pro. The new PC that I am buying comes with Windows 10 Home. ASK: I would like to put Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and Windows 10 Home on the old PC. Swap the Windows 10 versions. QUESTION: How can I do...
  4. Is it possible to swap Windows licenses between computers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to swap Windows licenses between computers?: So I recently bought a laptop, which has a license for Windows 10 Pro, while my main desktop has the standard home edition. Both are registered (as far as I know) to my MS account. Is it possible to transfer the Pro license to my desktop where it will be more useful, and the...
  5. Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping Different Windows 10 Versions between Motherboards: Did some research but haven't found anything that explicitly states how to do it yet. If I purchased a used computer that had Windows 10 Pro activated on it, would it be possible to swap the installation with the Windows 10 Home installation on my existing computer?...
  6. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers: Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows Vista Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Laptop...
  7. How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers: Hello there, Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account: 1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop, previously updated from the Windows 7 Pro (Product key still available, but I'm not sure is it can be used after upgrading to...
  8. Swapping hard drives between two computers

Swapping hard drives between two computers: Hello. I have two desktop computers. Both running Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap the hard drives between the computers. Reinstalling windows on my main computer is not an option (do not ask, just take my word for it). As I have two computers, two licenses and the...
  9. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...
  10. Swapping Disks Between Two Computers

Swapping Disks Between Two Computers: For various weird reasons I have the need to swap the hard drives (SSD) between two similar Thinkpads. They are architecturally similar so I'm reasonably sure that after a few routine automatic driver updates both will run fine. Of course, at that point both will...