Windows 10: Is it possible to switch different Windows 10 versions on the same PC?

Discus and support Is it possible to switch different Windows 10 versions on the same PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise on my PC. The reason why I am asking is that I already have Windows 10 Home installed. Is it possible to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Melvin20, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Melvin20 Win User

Is it possible to switch different Windows 10 versions on the same PC?

I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise on my PC. The reason why I am asking is that I already have Windows 10 Home installed. Is it possible to switch the Windows versions when I want that? Do I need to remove Home version completely if I install Enterprise?

:)

Melvin20, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it possible to switch different Windows 10 versions on the same PC? - Similar Threads - possible switch different

2. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  3. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  4. Repairing Windows on Different Drive of Same PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repairing Windows on Different Drive of Same PC: Hey there, Wonderful experience with windows today. So after trying to install an update on windows, my PC entered an endless boot cycle saying “Undoing changes...” as the rest of the screen was black. I was able to find an old hard drive lying around that happened to have...
  5. Different accounts on the same pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different accounts on the same pc: Hi guys! So my sister and I share a desktop computer that we just bought. We both have our own accounts and they're admin accounts. I was wondering if there is a way that we can't access to each other's stuff (programs, documents, photos). Something like having "two" separate...
  6. Different Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different Windows 10 versions: I bought my computer with preinstalled Windows 8. Then I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Home for free. After that I purchased Windows 10 Pro with the same product key for some money. My question, what Windows versions do I have? Can I install Windows Pro on another...
  7. Same Windows 10 version same build looks different on laptop than desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same Windows 10 version same build looks different on laptop than desktop: Identical version identical build everything identical looks/displays/functions different on laptop versus desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-windows-10-version-same-build-looks-different/9e319b2a-5194-4ef1-9e51-8c004317665f
  8. Switching Windows over to a different PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching Windows over to a different PC: Hello, i am building a new PC next week and selling my old PC. I was wondering what steps i need to take to switch my windows over to a new PC while also dissociating it with my old PC....
  9. Same pdf layout differ on different PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same pdf layout differ on different PC: Sorry. Will post again after thoroughly checking 83099
  10. Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?

in Windows 10 Support
    Same computer models, same Windows version, different appearance?: I have two of the same HP All-in-One computers that are both running the same version of Windows (AE), but when I open explorer the views are different. One shows icons under Quick Access, and one shows folders. How do you change them? I cannot find any option to "display as...