Windows 10: Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)?

Discus and support Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Morning tsm. It bothers me that when I press ESC, EMPTY or the Tab key (on the desktop) the last used icon gets a funny grey dotted border and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joelhzz, Jun 21, 2020.

1. joelhzz Win User

Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)?

Morning tsm.

It bothers me that when I press ESC, EMPTY or the Tab key (on the desktop) the last used icon gets a funny grey dotted border and I can navigate with the arrow keys.

With my brother, when he presses ESC, the last icon used is selected but not surrounded by a strange grey border.

Some people told me that this is because of Windows Focus. Can you turn it off?

Lg

Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)? 0_big.jpg

:)

joelhzz, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Windows 10 Pro through Lindy KM Switch after upgrade from Win7 Pro

Hi,

The issue might occur if the device is not compatible with Windows 10. Since you mentioned that it's not working if the keyboard is connected to Lindy KM Switch. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you check if the keyboard will be detected by your
    PC while it’s connected to Lindy KM Switch. Follow the steps below to check:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the arrow button beside Keyboard and look for the name of your keyboard.

If it’s not there, we recommend that you visit Lindy KM Switch’s website to verify if the device you are using is compatible with Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)?

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)?

1. Is it possible to switch off the focus in Windows (keyboard)? - Similar Threads - possible switch off

2. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  3. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  4. Audio cuts off when switching focus to a new application window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio cuts off when switching focus to a new application window: As the subject states, I'm having an especially bizarre audio bug where when I switch from any one application window to another, the audio cuts for a brief second and I've done research on the cause for 3 weeks with no solution in sight. Everything has suggested disabling...
  5. Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch between screens via keyboard -- Possible?: Win10-1803. My set up: I have 2 screens: 1, my laptop, and 2, an HDMI TV. Screen 2 is extended desktop. What I do: Move the mouse between 1 & 2. -- too much mouse distance. What I'd prefer: Hit a keyboard key to switch between 1 & 2. The mouse jumpping with the...
  6. Focus Switch

Focus Switch: When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??...
  7. Is manually switching letters on the Chinese language keyboard in Windows 10 possible? Or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is manually switching letters on the Chinese language keyboard in Windows 10 possible? Or...: Hello, I have a German keyboard on wich the letters Z and Y are switched, and when I switch to typing Chinese, I need to type Z to get a Y and vice versa, which is very annoying. Apparently, the Chinese keyboard layout on Windows 10 does not know that I have a laptop bought...
  8. Switching off "Focused" in windows 10

Switching off "Focused" in windows 10: If i switch off "Focused" in windows 10 where will all my existing emails be shown ? Will I loose any of my existing emails -- that currently reflect in "Focused" ?...
  9. Which window has the keyboard focus?

Which window has the keyboard focus?: Historically, Windows has changed the color of the title bar to indicate which window has the focus. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now I can't tell what window has the focus... yes, if I look really hard, I can see the 1 pixel of accent color around the...
  10. possible shortcut to switch off monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    possible shortcut to switch off monitor?: Hello How to create a Shortcut on desktop to Turn Off the Monitor Thank you 72586