Windows 10: Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

Discus and support Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want the data exchange to take place without the PC charging my smartphone. Is that possible? Kann man die Stromversorgung der USB-Buchse am PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnonymCipher, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

I want the data exchange to take place without the PC charging my smartphone.

Is that possible?

:)

AnonymCipher, Jun 28, 2020
  2. tcebob Win User

Seek usb operated power switch

I recently installed an outboard hard drive in a SATA usb box. Works fine but requires manual switch to power on and off. Is there a usb operated power switch socket that could be activated by a batch command?

tcebob, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. It also doesn't power on unless i switch on the power supply. There were only two updates
    recently (KB4532938 and KB4528760) and this has been happening since. I have tried using the troubleshoot option in settings. It worked until yesterday but not today. It just powers down instantly no matter how many times I troubleshoot. Please help.

S.M.NaaveenKumar, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

Is this the Asus H81M-K listed in your My Computer? If yes look down at the bottom for two yellow jumpers. One is marked CLRTC and the one next to it is USBPWF. Change the USBPWF to 5VSB pins 2 and 3, and those USB ports will get 5V from the Stand By power supply, even when the PC is off. The Stand By power supply is always on, as long as the power supply is plugged in and you haven't turned it off with the switch on the back.

EDIT: Once you switch the jumper test all your USB ports. That switch may only affect some, likely the ones on the back connected directly to the motherboard.

alphanumeric, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

1. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC? - Similar Threads - possible switch off

2. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  3. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  4. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update: So I need your guys help with following problem: (I hope this is the right sub for it, I dont know where to post this otherwise.) I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 on one disk and Linux Mint 20 on another one. This happened yesterday evening when I was on Windows and...
  6. Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: I posted this discussion on January. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-switching-off-power-supply-to-my-laptop/929db840-6877-48c4-add0-c8e688c40579 I tried the solution that was given, but didn't work. This issue is not fixed yet and is still...
  7. Possible Power Supply Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Power Supply Problem: Hello, I recently made another post about my computer randomly crashing all new parts....
  8. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. There were only two updates recently KB4532938 and KB4528760 and this has been happening since. I have tried...
  9. Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit: Hi all, I had problems with my PC freezing and crashing several times in about 15-30 minutes after a cold boot. After several attempts to solve the issue (checking RAM voltage/frequency, flashing BIOS to newest versions) I thought maybe my 450W PSU was insufficient, so I...
  10. ATX power supply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATX power supply: Hey, I have a ATX powersuply, that making a "tiking" sound i can't lacate what it is. my first though was capacitor. and maybe not. The weird this is it's only sometimes when i power on the computer. any wise ideas? 141087