Windows 10: is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

Discus and support is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carleton Ingerson, Jan 27, 2023.

1. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports?

:)

Carleton Ingerson, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Cable to transfer files

Hey guys, my situation is that I want to transfer media files etc. from my old computer to my new computer, and I have looked into getting a external harddrive as a medium to transfer from old to new
    (since I was going to get one anyways).

Well on reading reviews, it is too damn expensive imo for something that is quite unreliable!

I'm looked around, and Im confused on what cable I need to connect both computers directly
    e.g can you do USB - USB, or do I need something else (I think I read about a null serial modem cable)
    What damn cable should I purchase?

Both computers are XP so I should be able to use the file transfer wizard but im stuck on the important bit *Stick Out Tongue is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable? :p

Thanx for any help in advance *Smile is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable? :)

Rizzy2DarQ, Jan 27, 2023
  4. keakar Win User

is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

Cable to transfer files

if you try on usb it will take a week to do it, its slow as chit.

plug eithernet cable into each computer to link them and it will be able to transfer pretty fast but using firewire is the fastest way.

keakar, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

1. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable? - Similar Threads - possible transfer files

2. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  3. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  4. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  5. Transfer large files between computers on different networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer large files between computers on different networks: I want to transfer from larger files from my pc to someone elses PC in an entirely different house and network. These files are too big to email, what is the fastest/cheapest way to do something like this? submitted by /u/foxmag86 [link] [comments]...
  6. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  7. usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb pnp device not connecting to computer using usb cable: how to get turntable connected by the usb cable to record sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-device-not-connecting-to-computer-using/c511c39a-f4a7-4e28-9358-f41dc0213ecc
  8. USB Transfer Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Transfer Cable: I am trying to us a USB transfer cable to pull files from my Windows 7 computer to my Windows 10 computer. No dice with Easy Suite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-transfer-cable/f4ab9e35-efe1-4b11-a6dc-4e60ba1e0741
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...