Windows 10: Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello! This is my first post on the forum. I want some help about how dual boot works. My PC is running Windows 10, but I'm having some problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by victorpaes, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?

Hello! This is my first post on the forum. I want some help about how dual boot works. My PC is running Windows 10, but I'm having some problems with the OS and I need to format it, but my Desktop does not have CD/DVD drive and I need to create a bootable pen drive. This is not a problem, but if I do that, I have no place to save the files that are in my pen drive and in the system itself. I have a lot of documents, photos and other important things and I don't want to lost it. It will be too difficult to me to save everything in the cloud. Then I was wondering if it is possible to transfer files through dual boot. I intend to create a new partition where I will install Windows 7. Then I wonder if I will be able to access the files that are in Windows 10 through the Windows 7. It will save a lot of my time and I will be able to format the system without loosing anything.

Then, is it possible? Thanks in advance!

:)

victorpaes, Apr 9, 2019

2. dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 9, 2019
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 9, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?

1. Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot? - Similar Threads - possible transfer files

2. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  3. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  4. Dual boot using vhdx file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot using vhdx file: [ATTACH] Has anyone done this successfully? I'm trying to test this in a VM (VMWare Workstation) following https://win10.guru/native-boot-vhd-dual-boot-made-easy/. Everything seems to go to plan. However on rebooting I get the following:...
  5. 2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Windows 7 (dual boot) to 2 Windows 10 (dual boot): Is this possible?: I have already checked that the process to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit laptop to the equivalent Win 10 runs smoothly keeping almost every application and all data perfect. The point is that I have a rather complex (for me) configuration in an HP system with two Win...
  6. Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?: I want to install linux on a separate nvme and still boot natively to vhdx's that I will add to the windows boot manager with one normal windows on a separate nvme. Is this possible or does grub completely replace the windows boot manager altogether. 144144
  7. Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?

Is it possible to native boot a vhdx after dual booting linux?: I want to install linux on a separate nvme and still boot natively to vhdx's that I will add to the windows boot manager with one normal windows on a separate nvme. Is this possible or does grub completely replace the windows boot manager altogether. 144144
  8. Dual Boot Missing Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Boot Missing Files: I have a dual boot system (WIndows 10 and Hyper-V 2016) I use the Hyper-V for development in a virtual environment and Window 10 for gaming. Each of the operating systems are on separate hard drives. I also have two RAID 10 arrays that I use for storing virtual machines...
  9. Is it possible to make it dual boot?

Is it possible to make it dual boot?: I had to replace the Hard Disk on my Lenovo Flex14. I was running it in dual boot - Win10 and Linux. I set up the entire drive under NTFS. Now is it possible to make it dual boot. Also, I am on Win10 Single Language (ie Home). Is there any way to run a virtual machine in...
  10. Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues

Dual boot 10 & 7 BIOS/UEFI possible issues: I dual boot to 2 different windows 7 installs. I have my primary for day to day stuff and the second install is for my DAW. I don't want to update the DAW to 10 because of the issues it may cause. I do want to update my primary install to 10. Can this be done or will I run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is it possible to transfer files through dual boot?