Windows 10: Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am in a pickle at the moment so I hope some one can help me please..... I have just purchased a new laptop and want to add the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SueCarr2, Oct 16, 2020.

1. SueCarr2 Win User

Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...

Hi everyone,

I am in a pickle at the moment so I hope some one can help me please.....

I have just purchased a new laptop and want to add the Microsoft Works onto it. I have used this program for many years and see no reason to change it but after putting it onto other PC's and laptops from the original program disk I cannot find the disk!!! We have been preparing to move house so I think I must have put in the 'Not Wanted' bin by mistake. I have this program on the hard drives of my PC and laptop but I do not know how of if I can copy the program from one of them so, before doing anything stupid, I thought I had better ask the people in the know for their help and advice.

As you might have gathered I don't know much about technology!

Fingers crossed that you can help,

Sue.

:)

SueCarr2, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...

is it possible to transfer files and programs to different PC?

is it possible to transfer files and programs to different PC?

Gary Gary Gary, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...

1. Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have... - Similar Threads - possible transfer Microsoft

2. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?: I have a laptop with activated Windows 10 on it, the laptop is very old and is probably gonna stop working soon so i ordered a new PC and i was wondering whether i could transfer the activated Windows 10 from the laptop to the new PC, i am still in high school so i can't...
  3. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?: I have a laptop with activated Windows 10 on it, the laptop is very old and is probably gonna stop working soon so i ordered a new PC and i was wondering whether i could transfer the activated Windows 10 from the laptop to the new PC, i am still in high school so i can't...
  4. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  6. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  7. Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?

Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?: Hi, I have Windows 10 licenses activation statuses: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" that were upgraded from Windows 7 and 8.1. These licenses were originally tied in to the hardware but these hardware are pretty old. So I'm...
  8. Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?: Hi all, In about a week I'm going to be upgrading my PC which will mean a fresh installation of Windows. There is a specific program I have installed on my current PC that I will also need on my upgraded PC. However I don't have a backup of the installation file. I purchased...
  9. Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...: Preferably free. submitted by /u/cmot17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e48r5r/is_it_possible_to_transfer_programs_and_files/
  10. Transferring my insider program to a new laptop

Transferring my insider program to a new laptop: I have been using a older Dell XPS13 Laptop for the Insider program. Originally it had OEM software on it, but I bought WIndows 7 and installed that. I moved to Windows 8 and then later moved up into Windows 10 Pro with the insider program. I ordered a new Dell XPS13 this...