Windows 10: Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Preferably free. submitted by /u/cmot17 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cmot17, Nov 30, 2019.

1. /u/cmot17 Win User

Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

/u/cmot17, Nov 30, 2019
  2. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Transfer files from old laptop to new pc

I recently bought a hp all-in-one desktop computer and installed the new Windows 10 in it. I wish to transfer my files from my laptop with Windows 7 pro to the new computer. I have the old one backed up to a Toshiba external hard drive however cannot understand
    how to simply download my files into the new computer. The files are just listed from 1-168 without identifications. They are all compressed. I have researched and the only thing I can come up with is either buy an expensive program or possibly link my computers
    with a special USB cable or Ethernet cable. I saw that windows 8 had Express Transfer and I guess I should have done that before installing windows 10 that has no such program. I am disappointed and sorry that Microsoft did not address this obvious problem.

cliffjaguar, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows...

1. Is it possible to transfer programs and files from an old windows 7 laptop to a new windows... - Similar Threads - possible transfer programs

2. WINDOWS 11 INSTALL SETUP - TRANSFER PROGRAMS FROM OLD LAPTOP TO NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 INSTALL SETUP - TRANSFER PROGRAMS FROM OLD LAPTOP TO NEW LAPTOP: During my Windows 11 installed on my new ASUS Zenbook Duo laptop - Windows asked me if I wanted to transfer all the programs from my old laptop to this one. I said YES and choose the name of my old laptop, but it never happened. How do I get back to this transfer service?...
  3. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  4. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  5. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  6. Transfer files from old to new laptop

Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  7. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  8. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  9. Transfer all files, folders and programs from old Windows 10 laptop to new Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer all files, folders and programs from old Windows 10 laptop to new Windows 11 laptop: Hello,I have a new windows 11 laptop and I want to transfer everything from my windows 10 laptop to it. I would appreciate step by step directions to accomplish this. I do have everything backed up to both an external drive and One Drive. Thank you very much for your help!...
  10. Transfer all files, folders and programs from old Windows 10 laptop to new Windows 11 laptop

Transfer all files, folders and programs from old Windows 10 laptop to new Windows 11 laptop: Hello,I have a new windows 11 laptop and I want to transfer everything from my windows 10 laptop to it. I would appreciate step by step directions to accomplish this. I do have everything backed up to both an external drive and One Drive. Thank you very much for your help!...