Windows 10: Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there! I have a system with Win 10pro installed with a digital license. I plan on upgrading system with new mobo/cpu/ram. Current mobo/cpu/ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jpenahevia, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

Hello there!

I have a system with Win 10pro installed with a digital license. I plan on upgrading system with new mobo/cpu/ram. Current mobo/cpu/ram would go to trash as I have no use for them. I would be using the same ssd as C:\

By what I have read online it seems I can deactivate license on current system by typing slmgr.vbs /upk and then activate it in new system by logging to my MS Windows account. But I am not sure that is at all allowed with such a hardware change and with a digital license, not a true 25-character key.

I appreciate it if I can find solid info here.

by the by, Merry Christmas! or whatever you happen to celebrate, if any.

:)

jpenahevia, Dec 20, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 20, 2019
  3. EnaFM Win User
    Transfering Win10 digital license to a new computer?

Hello!

How does one transfer a digital license of Win 10 from one computer to another?

I have found online how to transfer from one computer to another a boxed version of Win10, found information that it's not possible to transfer license if Win10 is upgraded from Win7, but can't seem to find what to do in case of digital licenses.

Thank you!

EnaFM, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

1. Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system? - Similar Threads - possible transfer digital

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  4. win 10 and this new digital license thing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 and this new digital license thing: Hi Folks, I just built a machine today, it was/is a Win 10 Enterprise box. I have a Win 10 CD and a PID. I made the PC, Im in as a local user in an old-timey account and got it going as usual. At one point during the setup MS was asking me to join the herd and use a...
  5. Transferring Digital License to New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Digital License to New PC: I want to transfer a retail digital license for Windows 10 Home Edition, purchased online, from my Lenovo desktop, which stopped working, to a new Dell desktop. I have tried all of the suggestions and MS Support, but I can't get through to talk to an actual person. I am...
  6. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?: I am looking to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my current laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I intend to do this via the Microsoft Store for £120. The laptop I am working on does have some issues but I require the Windows 10 functionality now. Should this laptop be replaced under...
  8. Transfer Digital License To A New PC

Transfer Digital License To A New PC: So a few months ago I purchased Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft Store so I have a Digital License rather than a product key, my old PC unfortunately broke and I cannot log into it anymore so I bought a new one, after logging into my account it doesn't seem to want to...
  9. Transferring Digital License to new PC

Transferring Digital License to new PC: Hello, I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is meant to...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...