Windows 10: Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new ssd but i cant find it in nvme configuration, but it is in windows. So i want to download windows on my new ssd with a usb stick, buit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ådne skjolsvold, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program

I just got a new ssd but i cant find it in nvme configuration, but it is in windows. So i want to download windows on my new ssd with a usb stick, buit when im at the part where im gonna select the drive i want it installed on, i cant find my new ssd. So the only way i can get windows on my ssd is through copying all the windows files that keep my windows running and putting it on my second ssd, but is that possibleMy pc parts are gigabyte z690 UD, i5 12600k, gtx 1070, 32gb ddr5 ram

:)

Ådne skjolsvold, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Jetster Win User

Data transfer

Dont know what you mean by setup and games. Data can just drag and drop. Or copy and paste. Programs and games installed will have to be reinstalled. At least most do.

forget everything you heard. If you have data (pics and music) on a drive with a windows install you can jsut plug it in as a second drive and transfer the data

Jetster, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program

transfer programes and data

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about transferring data from one computer to another. We will help you with this issue.

You may download PCmover Express to transfer files from an old Windows 10 computer to new Windows 10 computer. Refer the link and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/transfer-your-data

You may also try to copy the contents from one computer to another computer using an external flash drive.

Follow:

• Connect the working external hard drive to your computer, wait till it get detected on the device.
    • Right click on the files/ folders you want to transfer and copy the content.
    • Open the flash drive, and paste the content you copied earlier and wait till the content is copied.
    • Do not interrupt the process.
    • You can safe remove the drive, copy to the different computer and move the files from drive to computer.

As per the file size you can also use a flash drive instead of external drive and transfer the data.

You can also connect these two pc using a cable and then access the data from one pc and using this channel also you can transfer the data.

Reference: How to transfer files from Windows 7\8 laptop to Windows
    10 Desktop.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program

1. Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program - Similar Threads - possible transfer data

2. Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer windows data with a copy program: I just got a new ssd but i cant find it in nvme configuration, but it is in windows. So i want to download windows on my new ssd with a usb stick, buit when im at the part where im gonna select the drive i want it installed on, i cant find my new ssd. So the only way i can...
  3. data transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data transfer: what is the best way to transfer data from old computer to new one 10 to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer/60cd7a6e-560a-44e8-9998-bf6f658bedfe
  4. New computer programs/data transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer programs/data transfer: My grandson has been using a laptop for about 4-5 years now. Over the years hes done a lot with it invluding using MS Office plus dozens of other programs like Steam and others along with all their data and useage. If we get him a new laptop is there some way to get his new...
  5. Is it possible to transfer my digital copy of Windows 10 Pro........

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer my digital copy of Windows 10 Pro........: Is it possible to transfer my digital copy of Windows 10 Pro to my new pc. It was purchased from the Microsoft Store and I want to use it to upgrade from Microsoft Home to Microsoft Professional....
  6. Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?: Hi all, In about a week I'm going to be upgrading my PC which will mean a fresh installation of Windows. There is a specific program I have installed on my current PC that I will also need on my upgraded PC. However I don't have a backup of the installation file. I purchased...
  7. Canon 400D data transfer via USB (Windows 10) possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon 400D data transfer via USB (Windows 10) possible?: Hello, I have the following problem: I now own a Canon EOS 400D and would like to transfer photos from the camera via a direct USB connection to my Windows 10 (64bit) using EOS Utility. However, my laptop doesn't recognize the camera, and EOS Utility doesn't recognize you...
  8. TRANSFER DATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRANSFER DATA: NEW COMPUTER FOR WIFE. HOW TO TRANSFER HER DATA FROM OLD TO NEW COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data/761b3500-1e8a-4d22-8270-68bfdea263b3"
  9. Transferring Data

Transferring Data: I have two internal drives on my computer, one has 2TB and one has 250GB. I would like to swap all data between them including the OS. What is the safest way to go about this?...
  10. transfer programs and data to new computer

transfer programs and data to new computer: Getting a new computer tomorrow. Is there a transfer program which will install my existing programs onto the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-programs-and-data-to-new-computer/18360797-43f7-4823-997c-1cc75b1c381f"