Windows 10: Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus

Discus and support Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am thinking about buying the xps15 with a discrete gpu. The thing is, I won't be using it much. I'll likely be able to count the number of times I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Speedbird52, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus

I am thinking about buying the xps15 with a discrete gpu. The thing is, I won't be using it much. I'll likely be able to count the number of times I will use it in the next year or so on my fingers. But I will get enough use out of it to justify it. It also is required for the 100% Adobe rgb screen option. Is there a way to save battery life by using the CPU internal graphics instead?

submitted by /u/Speedbird52
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Speedbird52, Nov 1, 2019
  2. jmich456 Win User

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

Hello,

I am getting this message when trying to update to 1803 "Cannot uninstall App: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display" Please uninstall manually and then refresh. I am getting this on 2 Alienware 17 R4 laptops.

I have uninstalled the amplifier program and both Intel and NVIDA graphics drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?

No it is not in the App and Features section.

jmich456, Nov 1, 2019
  3. hybrid laptops with discrete GPU connect to the display

here is a quick way to solve this problem:1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display - Windows 10 Help Forums

flashtraffic said: View Post

guy at geeksquad suggested this and worked for me with an Alienware 15 R3

download the windows media creation tool

execute and it will update

when it proceeds to 'creating media', disconnect from the internet and should prevent issue with trying to update drivers and will advance past the 49% mark where it gets stuck

an hour later i'm back at the desktop and current with updates and no issues

good luck

Ty for flashtraffic!

MR.RAINDROP, Nov 1, 2019
  4. bobrek Win User

Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus

1803 Issue: Hybrid laptop with Discrete GPU Connected to Display

No help, but I am getting the same error with the same update on the same Alienware model.

bobrek, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus

1. Is it possible to turn off laptop discrete gpus - Similar Threads - possible turn off

2. Laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off: My laptop started turning off like a month ago, ussualy is turns off at the begining of the work, for example when I'm starting to play something or just starting apps, when it turns off, it is just black screen and power button is light. To run it onn, I'm holding power...
  3. Laptop turns on and off, possible windows 10 configuration error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop turns on and off, possible windows 10 configuration error: Recently i’ve been having problems with my laptop where it will turn on, load for a few seconds before turning itself off completely. It shows “lenovo” but only for a second. This started when I had malware on my laptop. After I was certain i had gotten rid of it, I decided...
  4. Laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop turns off: Hi, please I need a fix asap. I use a laptop with an external keyboard. When i type enter the laptop turns off. Please help me. Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off/d1b89739-9bf7-42e8-8f5e-d6baa4fb0588
  5. Laptop will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop will not turn off: Hope someone can help. When I try to shut down my laptop it exits Windows 10 but the laptop does not turn off. I have tried all the normal settings but nothing has worked....
  6. laptop turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop turning off: Hi, so my problem is that from no where, my laptops gpu and processor just started to get very hot, even when im not playing games, its 46 C, yesterday i was playing metro 2033 and i noticed that my gpu was very hot, after it just froze and started buzzing so i had to turn it...
  7. Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop: HI Having bought a new laptop i am having issues with s mode restricting zoom and netflix party, however good for the security with the kids. is it possible to turn off for only adult user account on the laptop rather than all the accounts on the laptop? Thanks Josh...
  8. Turning off Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off Laptop: I hit restart and it just keeps running "Restarting" with circle. How can I get it to stop? Hitting On/Off button does not turn off laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-laptop/5c1cb7ce-dfe1-473c-a1d2-19c824c61c16
  9. Laptop turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off: I bought my laptop 2 years ago and for the past year if it is not plugged in it turns off after 10-30 mins of use. I can turn it back on but it still turns off, and sometimes i get a screen that says windows was not booted properly or something. I recently replaced the hard...
  10. Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020: After Intel hired AMD's top Radeon architect, Raja Koduri, last year the chip maker flagged plans to deliver its own high-end discrete graphics cards. Now the company has announced via a short tweet that its first discrete GPU will be coming in 2020. Discrete GPUs are...