Windows 10: Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop

Discus and support Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI Having bought a new laptop i am having issues with s mode restricting zoom and netflix party, however good for the security with the kids. is it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Joshinlondon, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop

HI

Having bought a new laptop i am having issues with s mode restricting zoom and netflix party, however good for the security with the kids.

is it possible to turn off for only adult user account on the laptop rather than all the accounts on the laptop?

Thanks

Josh

:)

Joshinlondon, Apr 15, 2020
  2. lx07 Win User

Can't start individual programs in safe mode

The next step would be to download Autoruns for Windows from Microsoft.

It will tell you everything that starts automatically (but you can subset by drivers, log-on items etc by picking the relevant tab).

Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop [​IMG]

The most obvious thing to do would be to go to Everything and then on the Options tab tick Hide Microsoft Entries

You can then turn things off and on from there.

3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Is it not possible to share individual sub-folder under \Users?

Do you have public folder sharing turned on? If so, turn it off.

NavyLCDR, Apr 15, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop

1. Is it possible to turn off s mode for individual users on a laptop - Similar Threads - possible turn off

2. how to turn off S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off S mode?: how to turn off S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-s-mode/263bf0f4-d3cf-4fa3-bb49-2f77b46ff427
  3. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  4. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  5. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  6. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  7. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to turn off S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off S Mode: Hi,I logged in with a school ID so I could get free Microsoft Office through my school. I needed to download a Lockdown Browser in order to take a test. It successfully downloaded but when I try to start the software, Microsoft states I need to disable S Mode by visiting the...
  9. S Mode will not turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    S Mode will not turn off.: So, I've been trying to turn off S mode as soon as I got this new PC. It did turn off once the moment I first got this PC But then it came back when I restarted my PC. So, I attempt to try to turn this off once again but then it leaves an infinite "Working on it..."...
  10. Turn off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Turn off S Mode: I am attempting to turn off S mode. I went to the Microsoft store and am on the page detailing turn off S mode, but there is no "get" button for me to hit. I need it off, I specifically bought this computer only for my scanner, which requires Windows. But- the Microsoft...